Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading to an Offset, need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony7781
    replied
    I was trying to stay within the 2000-2500 range and the Lang 48 patio version seemed to fit the bill the best. Not looking for a combo, just a smoker but wanted some nice space to do some piglets for family events.

Mrteddy, how long is the wait for the 48?

Leave a comment:

• Timcee
    replied
    I had a Lang 36 and loved it.. I let it go after I bought my dream smoker Engelbrecht 1000.. There are so many brands out there that do well.. However, you cannot go wrong with Lang.
    So many variables too...
    1. You want just a smoker or combo cooker?
    2. What's your budget?
    3. Have you seen this? https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...grills-smokers

If money is no object then go Jambo, or Kalamazoo (next on my list one day) https://kalamazoogourmet.com/

There are a few Lang'ers here..

Not to mention that you can take a cheaper offset and modify the heck out of it to perform well.. Too many variables..

Last edited by Timcee; October 20, 2018, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I wouldn't get stuck on the reverse flow. Lotta great pits without reverse flow that cook as well as anything. I myself don't care for the tuning plates on some non-reverse flow pits. I prefer something that has the intake like a Jambo and how Aaron Franklin builds his pits. The new Lone Star pits are tuning-plateless.

Leave a comment:

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    I am on the waiting list for a 48 in Lang. Give me a few months and I'll be able to tell you about my satisfaction. I'm not much help to you now.

Leave a comment:

• Tony7781
    started a topic Upgrading to an Offset, need some help!

Upgrading to an Offset, need some help!

Hey Guys-

I'm looking to upgrade to a true stick burner. I currently have a 18 WSM and llove it but looking for more cooking space. I live in NJ and was hoping there were some good custom brands here and I just haven't found them yet! Lol .I'm thinking of reverse flow over traditional. Seems to be a nice benefit, do you all agree? Looking for a decent size to do a full piglet or maybe even pig if the opportunity arose (like the lang 46). Looking for high quality with thick gauge steel, great welds and tight fits. So after that long winded intro, can people recommend some brands and why? I started looking at lang and lone star. Thank you in advance!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here