Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, It's Finally.....uh.....Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

Alright, it’s tomorrow...where are the pics? Let’s see this thing! Hopefully some backhoe shots too.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Easy glitchy
        I'm anxious too, but these things are crated real good. Add in that snow and it's a PROJECT

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s no excuse. He said today. It’s been today for 12 hours now. He should have started on it at midnight.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you ofelles, at least someone has my back!

For the bossy-pants' out there it is uncrated and I will post some pics a little later. Right now I'm wiping the drool off of it...

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        you know the rule .... Pics or it didn't happen

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fer thinkin of us, Brother!

Frozen drool can be rather unsightly!

Unloaded and uncrated. Pretty simple affair but I was really surprised by the weight and girth of the base they made for transporting. They do not want to have any problems during shipping.

This thing is absolutely beautiful and built like a tank. Expecting a nice rain tomorrow so it might be a good day to get it seasoned under the covered porch.

Here's a couple of action shots and one static, I'll post more later (oh, and Cooper says wutsup):

Click image for larger version  Name:	LSG.2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	510.9 KB ID:	1005022
      Click image for larger version  Name:	LSG.3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	478.2 KB ID:	1005023
      Click image for larger version  Name:	LSG.4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	1005024
      Last edited by CaptainMike; March 17, 2021, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        I would expect you to know this, but keeping your smoker in front of the door is probably a safety hazard ;-) Sure is a looker though.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy my wife shares a similar sentiment. However, this is a key element of my defensive perimeter for when the Huns come thundering up my driveway. If they get past 'Ol Coop, that is.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, that is awesome!

glitchy That front porch location was th onliest place th Capn could git him in a selfie, with his new LSG!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capn Mike LSG 17MAR21.JPG Views:	10 Size:	161.3 KB ID:	1005053
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 17, 2021, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike You mean glitchy right?

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John I just asked where the pics were as I’ve been waiting forever to see this thing...I’m not the one that told him he should have been up all night working on it...though I would have been.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I know, I was messing with him way worse than you were.

Absolutely beautiful Mike. Brings back memories of when I got mine. ❤️❤️

Glad you went with the counter weight. You’ll thank me on down the road for that one.
      Damn I’m smiling ear to ear right now.
      Have a great night if you can sleep. 👊👊

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I dreamt all night about seasoning that thing!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike Did you dream about me too? 😍
        Last edited by Panhead John; March 18, 2021, 04:14 PM.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Why would last night be different from any other night Panhead John?

Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Comment

Hail! Now, gots me a contact High!!!

Now I won't sleep, neither:.

Headin to my bar, then reclinin with Smokey Joe: always works, even when unconsciousness not >>.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.ljmknnnnnnn<< wanted (cat on keyboard, I always let him say his piece, an howdies; cain't type or spail no worser than me, I'd haveta reckon lol )
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 17, 2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Got a couple of butt likkers who enjoy the same shenanigans with their catbox hands as well. Wouldn't trade any of them for anything, including my fancy schmancy new cooker.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, My Brother...

We're All lookin forward to Schmancyin,right along witcha, Capn!!!

Smokey's not a negotiable deal...

Inanimate objects, , I mght flex on
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 18, 2021, 04:27 AM.

She’s a beauty Cap’n!

Comment

Very nice and love the pics.

Comment

Congrats man - that is awesome and I'm excited to hear about the burn in and cooks!

PS moar pictures 🤠😎🥳

Comment

Beautiful thing you got there, cap

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think it will fit in the basement of your motorhome!

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                What? Your motorhome has a basement? I have a motorpool table for sale if interested

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you are right. I am trying to convince the wife we should sell the house and live in it when I retire, wonder if whatever RV park we make home would mind if we set one of those up in the "front yard"

Wait...I just saw that cooker in his showroom, how'd you get it to your house so fast? And what's all that white stuff around your place, isn't it 82* there yet?

Congrats, not a big lover of stick burners but I am jealous regardless. Just don't forget the live fire cooker !!! I'm about ready to pull the trigger on one and let the 12 week clock to commence !!

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                I am super excited for you! One of the cool things about this cooker is that with the charcoal basket accessory I can use it like a kettle and do a long cook that doesn't need as much fussing with. Heck, I could probably use the SNS in it with good results. Looking forward to all of the nuances of this beauty! I have a buddy that is working me over for my SMG, but dang, I love cooking on that thing.
                Last edited by CaptainMike; March 18, 2021, 04:46 PM.

I feel like I’m becoming a LSG groupie.

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                LSG LSG LSG 🙌🙌🙌

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                LSD LSD....oops. LSG LSG LSG

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Panhead John Ahhh. The good old days.

Congrats! I’m jealous!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here