Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far are you from a Costco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far are you from a Costco?

Lots of posts about Costco meats, and I just started wondering if I'm just lucky. If I call up a map of Costco locations, there are 5 of them within a 10 mile radius of my house. I visit 3 of them fairly regularly, depending on what direction I go when I have to visit clients.

So, how far are you from a Costco (or several) and do you live in or near a big city?

Best regards,
    Jim

There used to be one 10 min from us, but they moved it, and it's now 25 min to the closest Costco.

Comment

About an hour to Redding, and about an hour and twenty minutes to Medford. No sales tax in Oregon so we try to hit that one when we go. Plus I get to have a grinder at Luigi's by the Rogue Valley Mall and get some of that way cheaper Oregon diesel.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Mmmm... grinders. We used to have a place here called Mancino's that served grinders and pizza. Sadly, it is no more.

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        I shop at the Medford, OR Costco as well. It's about 25 minutes from Grants Pass.

We live in a rural area so we feel fortunate to only be 100 miles to the closest Costco in Rochester MN.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        C'mon Blue Earth!!!!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Seriously. Ugh!

I currently have 4, between 27~ - 39~ miles away, located in th KC area...

Comment

Got one 6.4 miles away and one 7.8 miles away. But that is deceptive. Right now the closest one would take me 30 minutes to get to. At least. I’m sure it would actually take longer, because all roads going south are hopelessly clogged. The other one might take less fine to get to, but I have to go to the dreaded midway mall site which NOBODY wants to go to. And google is telling me the fastest route requires a toll road.

In eirter case returning home means going west, and westbound traffic is still thick right now.

Ad such I gave up Costco membership. It’s close.....but still too far.

Comment

35 miles. Not a member......yet.

Comment

I have 1 that’s about 1.5 hours away, maybe a little less in great traffic. I do have a great butcher less than 30 minutes away.

Comment

25 miles to Costco and about 30 to BJ's

Comment

I probably have 3 within 30 minutes. The one is visit regularly is about 10 mins away whereas the one with liquor is about 30 mins.

Comment

0.7 miles - I live in a big city. I'm at Costco usually once a month - the impediment for me is (i) lack of a car and (ii) the realization that I spend waaay more than I expect to every time I go.

Comment

• SparkDog
                    SparkDog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's why I don't have a Sam's Club membership. I can't afford it

• Buck Flicks
                    Buck Flicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    /shrug ... that's every time I got any grocery store.

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sam's scan & go app makes it REALLY easy to swing in and buy only an item or two...as long as it isn't booze.

I just checked their website. I’ve got several 3 hours away, and I would have to cross a toll bridge. About the same distance to the closest Whole Foods.

Comment

Large metro area, 3 within 10-15 minutes. Haven’t been disappointed in their meat yet.

Comment

We shop at 3 within 4 miles home.

Comment

2.5 - 3 hrs away In Wichita is the closest. We try to plan ahead.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here