Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you brew your coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French press for "regular" coffee and an Proteo Grande espresso machine I've had for years for espresso and the like.
    Whole beans get to take a ride through a burr grinder.

Comment

Ninja Coffee Bar. Super convenient. True coffee taste. Also gives the option of making an iced coffee, perfect for a summer day or to mix a cold coffee cocktail or martini.

Comment

Cuisinart DGB-700BC Burr Grind & Brewâ„¢ 12 Cup Automatic Coffeemaker...

It grinds then brews, pour into my wifes travel cup, my travel cup, the rest goes into a shared cup for drinking while getting ready. A little sugar, a little milk and all she wrote. Clean up and refill is 2 minutes or less. Has a bean hopper on top that holds about 1/2 pound of beans that normally lasts us about 5-6 days.

Comment

This is my second post and its also about coffee. I swear I'm going to learn about BBQ soon.

This Brewer just came out and it solves a few of the issues that the aeropress has.

The Trinity ONE is a specialty coffee brewing revolution. Brew your favourite pour over, press, and cold brew, all in ONE.

Mine comes in next week so I haven't tried it yet but in theory it should taste like an aeropress (depending on how you use it).

Also if you want more body from your aeropress turn it upside down and do an immersive Brew. I generally Brew mine for about 4 mins on a coarse grind before turning it over and plunging it.

Comment

• Atalanta
            Atalanta commented
            Editing a comment
            Sexy but a little pricier and less portable than the aeropress.

Originally posted by Santostfm View Post
          This is my second post and its also about coffee.
          Your coffee posts are always welcome here, Santostfm

I swear I'm going to learn about BBQ soon.
          I keep swearin' that, too, welcome to th' club!

This Brewer just came out and it solves a few of the issues that the aeropress has.

The Trinity ONE is a specialty coffee brewing revolution. Brew your favourite pour over, press, and cold brew, all in ONE.

Mine comes in next week so I haven't tried it yet but in theory it should taste like an aeropress (depending on how you use it).

Also if you want more body from your aeropress turn it upside down and do an immersive Brew. I generally Brew mine for about 4 mins on a coarse grind before turning it over and plunging it.
          Cool Beans, pun intended!

So, it sounds a lot like you're gonna have to find a new home for the Aeropress, yes?

I'll PM you my address.

Then, I can evaluate.

BTW, Gma, Ma, always ground up our beans in a turn of the century, walnut, finger-jointed hand grinder. Once in a while, they had me fetch Eight O'Clock coffee, ground at the cash register, from the A&P.

Most often, just bought the beans. Click image for larger version

Name:	Coffee Grinder.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	238665

Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 11, 2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I feel your pain. I used a hand grinder for years before I gave up and bought an electric one. It made my mornings 100% better. I still use it when travelling but it kills me every time. By the way the aeropress is hands down the best Brewer to travel with. I have had a few wierd looks from airport security though.

Comment

Originally posted by Santostfm View Post
              I feel your pain. I used a hand grinder for years before I gave up and bought an electric one. It made my mornings 100% better. I still use it when travelling but it kills me every time. By the way the aeropress is hands down the best Brewer to travel with. I have had a few wierd looks from airport security though.
              Ah, no pain at all, my friend; more like warm fuzzies.

When I was quite young, we didn't have electricity, gas, or indoor plumbing.

It was simply how life was, there and then...

Comment

Today i made my coffee like this..
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200519_085820.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	848304 Capsule americano..

Comment

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  First thing I thought of when seeing your photo was R2D2 taking a drug test. It must be because of lack of sleep. I think I will go lay down now.🙂

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Donw ROFL, that was Hilarious!!!!

I don't care for much Starbuck's but the wife & I love their Verona. We brew it strong too. Dark roast w/o being burnt or bitter. We use a Ninja coffee machine and love it too. We also have a Mixpresso K-cup in which we use Barista Prima French Roast (strongest I've found), and a French press. We do the French press on lazy mornings when we want to feel fancy, so maybe twice a year.

Comment

No coffee here, haven't touched it in more than 35 years.
                  The caffeine turns me into a rocket ship, take off and don't land for a while so stay away from coffee.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	93FB1782-2D96-4DDE-843C-D53E398A6560.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	848338
                    I have purchased a second coffee maker it is a stove top expresso pot and I like it, I use it every morning. It says it is a six cup pot but I make one big cup every morning. I am now buying whole beans and grinding my own. I like strong coffee black. I still have my Aero Press as well.
                    We have discovered B52 coffee, we make this after dinner treat with decaf coffee.

Comment

For every day drinking I use a pour over cone. So does the wife. We each have different preferences for coffee type and roasting style.

When I get in the mood, I fire up a Hario Syphon. I also brew cold coffee in a Hario Mizudashi cold pot.

Comment

Neither me or the wife drink coffee but I have been making sous vide ice coffee for the daughter since she is home from college since March. She went through a few cups during finals

Comment

I use a Bodum french press and get my ground coffee sent from Boca Java, based out of Denver. Really good selection of beans that is roasted and then shipped fresh. They recently had a fire that put their roastery out of commission for a while, but they are back in action and I can't wait to get my next shipment.

Comment

I don't drink a ton of coffee, but the wife has a couple of big cups every morning. She broke the pot to the black and decker drip I bought years ago, and so I took the opportunity to purchase an electric perc. The flavor is so much better than the Mr coffee's and all. She agrees!

Mr. Bones , I believe I have the exact same coffee grinder! My mother is getting up there in age and so handed down my great grandmothers grinder (which may have actually come from her mother even, no one is certain). I haven't used it as it would need a good cleaning and some repair work on the box.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                              Mr. Bones commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Flavour is definitely MUCH better, an smoother than a Mr. Coffee, an takes th same amount of time...Win-Win!
                              Haven't seen my Mr C in absolutely YEARS, it's buried deep back in a lower cabinet lol

My grinder also was handed down, it was already older than Moses when I was a child, an I'm closin fast on 60, nowadays...
                              Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 19, 2020, 03:47 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here