Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit Pappy

Leave a comment:

• boftx
    replied
    Welcome!

You're not alone in using a COS, I'm notorious here for using a CharGriller Pro as a stick-burner. Yeah, it takes a lot of work, but once you tame the beast it can turn out Q as good as anything else will.

And I'm also a tech guy, programmer by trade.
    Last edited by boftx; May 29, 2015, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Not sure if we have more engineers or tech guys around here, a surprising amount of both considering it's cooking.
    Welcome aboard!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome PB! We're glad you're here. You're gonna love the PBC!

Leave a comment:

• PappyBBQ
    started a topic Finally here!

Finally here!

Howdy all. I've been using the AmazingRibs site for a while now and figured it was time to get off my butt and join the club. I work in tech, but am trained as a chef. Love to cook but have never cooked "commercially". Have been "BBQing" my entire life, or so I thought. Really "California Grilling". This site got me interested in real BBQ. Love me some Texas BBQ and I'm seriously in love with pork ribs. Bummer for me is half of my family isn't really into low 'n slow smoked meats. Their loss! Hahaha.I do have one daughter seriously into pulled pork and everyone likes baby back ribs as long as I sauce 'em up with my home made sauce.

I've been using a "cheap" offset "smoker" for a couple of years now, and have turned out some excellent BBQ, though it is a lot of work and uses a lot of charcoal. Gettin' me a Pit Barrel Cooker and I'm really looking forward to using it. My neighbors always come poking around when they smell the "Q" at work. That's why I'm known as Pappy BBQ!

Looking forward to contining my BBQ education here.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here