Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PappyBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah. Great site isn't it? Lot's of great folks with lots of experience. I've been using a COS for two years now and learned how to "manage it" pretty well though it's hard to turn out large quantities on it as I tend to keep meat off of half of the grill closest to the heat source. Cuts down the cooking area quite a bit! BUT, i turn out some pretty tasty stuff on it. Waiting on a PBC and can't wait to try that. Also have a gasser that I use now and then when I just need to quick grill something in the rain. :-) Looking forward to having a good time here! Welcome to the "Pappy Club"! hahaha.

• PappyFatcap
    replied
    Welcome, Pappy. I joined around the same time as you. Looks like we might be having ourselves a "Pappy-off", loser buys brisket!!!!

Look forward to sharing info with you. I'm new to this but trying to get as educated as possible.

Leave a comment:

• PappyBBQ
    replied
    Hahaha.. Well, i DO like spinach!

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    Welcome. Your name conjures up images of Popeye.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Belated welcome to The Pit PappyBBQ! Sorry for the delay in welcoming you. Nice to have you here!

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. Great job on your signature, you must've already read your homework.....

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• DeusDingo
    replied
    welcome pappy! Computer engineer here. i think technical people like defined processes and the gadgets which Q'ing seems to have in spades!

Leave a comment:

• kranknhank
    replied
    Welcome PappyBBQ ! Alot of us have a PBC, the site has a pbc page too. Your in for some good rubs and no leftovers!

Leave a comment:

• Lynn_B
    replied
    Welcome to the site!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hi Pappy!

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit Pappy. We don't care what you cook on as long as you take pictures. Some of use our charcoal starters to grill steaks. Some use big fancy commercial rigs. All we care about is the next cook and good companionship. Buckle up and enjoy the ride my friend.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome PappyBBQ! Only since joining the Pit did I really start Q'ing. Previously, I only cooked hamburgers, hot dogs, and "killed" (aka ruined) a lot of chicken 'cause I had no idea what I was doing. My grandparents and parents cooked pork shoulders in the late 40's to the late 50's for a restaurant they owned (hickory wood in a stove, transferring the hot coals to a concrete platform with a big cooking grate above), so I had a couple of years smelling it. Never ate it as it was for the paying customers and I was born in '58. Now when I cook pork butts it brings back a lot of the past, in a good way. Looking forward to seeing your photos! (Sorry about going on about me)

Leave a comment:

• PappyBBQ
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Welcome Pa......nah I can't call you that. LOL but welcome to the PIT!!

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    Welcome Pappy. Sounds like you're going to fit right in.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    Welcome Aboard Pappy... good things going on here... you will like it

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here