Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally here!

Howdy all. I've been using the AmazingRibs site for a while now and figured it was time to get off my butt and join the club. I work in tech, but am trained as a chef. Love to cook but have never cooked "commercially". Have been "BBQing" my entire life, or so I thought. Really "California Grilling". This site got me interested in real BBQ. Love me some Texas BBQ and I'm seriously in love with pork ribs. Bummer for me is half of my family isn't really into low 'n slow smoked meats. Their loss! Hahaha.I do have one daughter seriously into pulled pork and everyone likes baby back ribs as long as I sauce 'em up with my home made sauce.

I've been using a "cheap" offset "smoker" for a couple of years now, and have turned out some excellent BBQ, though it is a lot of work and uses a lot of charcoal. Gettin' me a Pit Barrel Cooker and I'm really looking forward to using it. My neighbors always come poking around when they smell the "Q" at work. That's why I'm known as Pappy BBQ!

Looking forward to contining my BBQ education here.

Welcome PB! We're glad you're here. You're gonna love the PBC!

Comment

Not sure if we have more engineers or tech guys around here, a surprising amount of both considering it's cooking.
      Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome!

You're not alone in using a COS, I'm notorious here for using a CharGriller Pro as a stick-burner. Yeah, it takes a lot of work, but once you tame the beast it can turn out Q as good as anything else will.

And I'm also a tech guy, programmer by trade.
        Last edited by boftx; May 29, 2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Pappy

Comment

Welcome Aboard Pappy... good things going on here... you will like it

Comment

Welcome Pappy. Sounds like you're going to fit right in.

Comment

Welcome Pa......nah I can't call you that. LOL but welcome to the PIT!!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Comment

Welcome PappyBBQ! Only since joining the Pit did I really start Q'ing. Previously, I only cooked hamburgers, hot dogs, and "killed" (aka ruined) a lot of chicken 'cause I had no idea what I was doing. My grandparents and parents cooked pork shoulders in the late 40's to the late 50's for a restaurant they owned (hickory wood in a stove, transferring the hot coals to a concrete platform with a big cooking grate above), so I had a couple of years smelling it. Never ate it as it was for the paying customers and I was born in '58. Now when I cook pork butts it brings back a lot of the past, in a good way. Looking forward to seeing your photos! (Sorry about going on about me)

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Pappy. We don't care what you cook on as long as you take pictures. Some of use our charcoal starters to grill steaks. Some use big fancy commercial rigs. All we care about is the next cook and good companionship. Buckle up and enjoy the ride my friend.

Comment

Hi Pappy!

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Welcome PappyBBQ ! Alot of us have a PBC, the site has a pbc page too. Your in for some good rubs and no leftovers!

Comment

welcome pappy! Computer engineer here. i think technical people like defined processes and the gadgets which Q'ing seems to have in spades!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here