Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lele from Rome, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lele from Rome, Italy

Hello Guys,

my name is Raffaele and I live in Rome, Italy. I own a Weber Kettle 22' and an offset smoker. I generally use the Weber with Briquettes and the smoker with oak and olive wood. I'm into "real" BBQ since December 2015, before I was just grilling the italian way.. I fell in love with BBQ and Smoking as soon as I got my Weber, so I started to read some books and I attended a couple of courses with Matteo Tassi, the italian Serial Griller. So my learning curve has started to improve, but it's a long way... So here I am with my 90 days membership thanks to Meathead's book, and I'm sure I will renew it!!

Cheers
    Lele

Welcome to The Pit lelex! Greetings from Michigan, USA. So nice to have you here with us. I always enjoy meeting new members from 'far away' (to me) lands. We're glad you popped in to say hello, and sure hope you'll stick around with us. I've never smoked with olive wood. They are not very plentiful...actually, they're pretty much non existent in my area as far as I know. How would you say its smell and/or flavor is compared to oak? (Oak we do have, lots of!)

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome! Yeah, it's a whole New World.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit lelex! We are here to help so ask any questions you may have. Do you have any favorites to grill or smoke?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Hello everybody!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

@Huskee: The Olive Wood has a very particular flavour/smell, I would describe it as the same scent and taste of the olive oil when you pour it in a pan, of course I'm talking about real olive oil produced by my brother in law .

@fuzzydaddy: I'm at the beginning stage, I remember my first Ribs... extremely dry!!! Now I cook decent Ribs, after some practise. I tried chicken, lamb, and last week I also smoked some prawns and makrel with apple chips. I enjoy try and prepare new rubs, some came out good and tasty, others not so tasty. I'll be back soon to ask for advice to make a decent brisket!

Read you soon!!!

Comment

Welcome lelex

Comment

Welcome lelex ..... Great to have you here. My wife and I went to Rome for her 45th birthday a couple years ago and fell in love with the city. I'm sure we will be back. Meanwhile, we love to hear about what you are doing there. Also, would enjoy hearing about some of the Italian grilling recipes :-)

Comment

Greetings, Lele ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We're glad you're here! 😎

Comment

Welcome aboard Raffaele. Tis' great to have you with us, and see you are having so much enjoyment in your endeavors. Now, you will find that talk about what you cook on this site is just that, talk. We would love to see some pics of your cooks & maybe an occasional backdrop of your town. Look forward to your contributions. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• lelex
                        lelex commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hello FireMan I will post some pics soon

Welcome! I have visited your beautiful, crazy, tasty city twice and it is wonderful to have you join us!

Comment

• lelex
                        lelex commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you Meathead, next time you'll be in Rome gimme a call!!

Welcome! Love seeing people from around the globe join. Hope you will be willing to share some about your grilling and bbq culture in Italy. Love learning how other folks do stuff and trying new things!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit lelex . We're glad you're here and upping your smoking game. This place will definitely help in that regard! I love Italy and start out most mornings with espressos made from illy whole beans. Reminds me of the great times I've enjoyed in your fabulous country!

Comment

• lelex
                            lelex commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you. Illy it's very good brand, you should try Morettino, my favourite.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here