Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your welcome.

Welcome Aboard!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your welcome, it's much appreciated answering my post. I spent 35 years working at sea on ships in the Oil and Gas Industry and never ever want to see another gangway to climb. Landlubber for now and evermore. just joking.

Yep. You were right. Only one fennel pollen on Amazon UK and it’s currently unavailable. If you have some Italian markets near you they might have it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E8BC35DA-0DFC-4CBC-BAD1-B5B2E95A83CF.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	1201563

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looked up other sites in UK but holy crap is it expensive!! It’s like £1 per gram!!! Almost 7x the price in the US. Probably not worth it at that price.

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's my problem. What you pay in the states we pay in the UK and the exchange rate is £1=$1.31. Even at McDonalds the price is the same. I'm a keen Droner/Quadcopter flyer and my DJI Air 2S cost £1200. In the US its about $900. I'll have a look for an Italian supplier. I've got a mate who owns a Pizza and Pasta Restaurant so I can ask him. Cheers.

Welcome from Minnesota. USA

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, Thanks for welcoming me to your club.

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

I used to work for Wellstream who is located in Newcastle. Spent a few weeks there at different times, loved the piano bar on the waterfront. The tapas restaurant was fun too but this was 15 years ago. The downtown area had a great nightlife. Yes, I did do some work.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I know the name. They are now called GE Oil & Gas. The place down on the waterfront is still jumping. There's a beach area now next to the bars. Not sure if the bars are still called by the same name, but it's a go to place for Hen and Bachelor parties. They come from all over the country. There's talk of building a huge entertainment area down there with a Ferris wheel similar to the one in London. People can jump off that instead of the Tyne Bridge. We still have the Bigg Market as well.

Welcome from Washington state

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, Thanks for welcoming me to the pit.

Hi Just posted some pics for people who asked me specific questions. There's a couple of our hotel and eating places in the village in Havtat Croatia. the Colosseum in Pula. Red snapper I think done the Croatian way.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      On another note, have you tried using Indonesian hottish chili pastes in your cooking?
      I just bought jars of Sambal Oelek, Sambal Manis, Sambal Nasi Goreng, Sambal Badjak and Ketjap Manis. They are big in Holland, used in lots of dishes as well as wet rubs, and marinades. They go with any meat or fish, and Ketjap Manis is a sweet soy sauce similar to Chinese sauce but thicker and sticky. I just wondered if they were used. Oelek is hot chili, Badjak is the fishy one with shredded shrimp I think.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Toon, I love sambal - my wife is from NL so we do eat a bit of Indonesian. I put it in my fried rice too. I’ll post below the brand of fennel pollen I use in case your rellies want to bring it back for you.

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Does NL stand for the Netherlands? That Podcast is on iTunes that I don't have. Yeh, we had a Pilipino cook who did a mega Nasi Goreng with meat and prawn kebabs and peanut sauce. I checked the web site and somebody wasn't happy. Said the Fennel was full of flowers and stems. Just sitting down to watch 8 hours of the Masters golf on Sky. Haven't asked my daughter yet. There flight was delayed, so I'll wait until they get to Atlanta.

Take a look at this! It’s in Pula. Seems the Romans had Starbucks long before we did….😂

Name:	77D4328B-0A0F-4777-A7D8-4FE8E0A08DF6.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1201874

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely similarities there. Not heard of the Podcast or David Crowther but I will google it.
      My wife's the one that likes history. She goes to every church and old building she can find. I just tag along to keep her happy. I took her to the walls of Ston, the longest complete fortress system in Europe. I sat in the cafe while Linda went walking up hundreds of steps. Not my scene.

For comparison

Name:	33E80DEE-F825-4588-84BE-B105AE0859A5.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	1201886

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA (USA)!

Comment

• Toonarmy
        Toonarmy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Rob. Thanks for the welcome to the pit.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Have fun on the Pit.

Comment

• Toonarmy
          Toonarmy commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Thanks for welcoming me to the Pit. Hopefully I will learn to Barbecue better with all the tips and hints available.

Welcome fro Massachusetts

Comment

• Toonarmy
          Toonarmy commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Thanks for the welcome from Newcastle upon Tyne.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here