Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your welcome

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your welcome

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thanks for the greeting. Been to Austin and Houston, and did a training course in Mineral Wells for a Digital Acquisition system we bought. Jake the driver took us,(12 people) to a famous diner not far away and had Chicken fried steak with a secret sauce, bulls balls and fries. Really tasty!!!! Big supporter of the Houston Oilers in the eighties. Saw Michael Jackson in concert at the Astrodome.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Toonarmy You hit two of the big ones. San Antonio would have been different, and Mineral Wells gave you a little feel for Forth Worth. Dallas and Fort Worth are different.

Welcome to The Pit Jimmy, from another Texan. We’re glad to have you with us. When you get a chance, show us some pics of your Weber…and some of your cooks too.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, No problem. Hopefully if the weather is good a week on Sunday when I'll be having a Birthday barbecue, I'll post some pics.

Welcome fr Cincy Ohio!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome.

Greetings from the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. Hope you have fun!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Hope it stops raining sometime this year. Snowed the other night and it's April. Crazy

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your welcome.

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your welcome.

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your welcome. From a Brit to a loonie.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your welcome.

Howdy from Texas.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your welcome.

NUFC supporter I see! I’ve been watching some hilarious stadium songs from the toon army on Instagram lately. Soccer fans crack me up.

I was in Croatia right before Covid. Great vacation. We’re you there recently?

Hey I’ve got a great rub for you. My favorite way to cook chicken is to spatchcock, then salt pepper and fennel pollen. Buy it on Amazon. Delicious
    Last edited by JCBBQ; April 5, 2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi JCBBQ I have posted some pics of Havtat, hotel and village where we ate. Also the Colosseum in Pula. I checked Amazon and there are options for Fennel pollen available at £103 for 100gms. It's more expensive than Gold dust!!!

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Toonarmy Aie yie yie! Well my daughter In London will visit this summer. Might send her back w a packet for you. Mailing from the US is also ridiculously expensive.

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm trying to answer your posts separately so I don't get confused. I'm worried your daughter could fall foul of UK customs officers if she brought some Fennel pollen back from the US. Not sure on the rules. My Step daughter Lyndsey, Son in Law James and 2 grandchildren Matilda and Beatrix are flying to Atlanta via Amsterdam tomorrow to visit James's brother John who works for a Medical supplies Company. I was going to ask them to check out the Fennel, but again I'm worried about Customs.

welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Shoot Jimmy, don’t fret much over the rubs & sauces n’ stuff. It’s just a matter of following a recipe. If you can wrestle with bricks to make a BBQ you can do a rub. Welcome, eat good the three of ya & have fun!

Comment

• Toonarmy
        Toonarmy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Thanks for your welcome. When I announce to the family that it's barbecue weekend, they descend like a swarm of locusts. That's why I always prepare a big pot of Gumbo and a couple of Corn breads to sate their appetite so I can start grilling at my leisure.

Hello from NW Oregon

Comment

• Toonarmy
        Toonarmy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your welcome.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here