Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Colorado

Morning everyone.

I'm DevHyfes and I live in Colorado right near Berthoud/Loveland. I am an avid cook (indoor and out) who has been using Amazing Ribs for years as a go-to reference for my meat cooking. I started really cooking back in 2001 when I was laid off right before 9/11 and found myself looking for something to do while the job market figured out what it was going to do. I spent 4 months watching cooking shows and making my wife's co-workers jealous.

Today, my weapon of choice is a Weber kettle grill, with smokenator that replaced my trusty electric smoker after one of our ubiquitous wind storms last year.

As I type, the grill is heating up ready to take a slab of pork spare-ribs. As I checked this site to confirm my recipe, I saw the membership drive and decided I might as well help. Later in the week I have two giant porterhouses. I have found the board sauces on this site to be a fabulous extension to my steak-making.

Anyway everyone have a great day. Any day with ribs is a great day, I suppose.

Hey DevHyfes, welcome to to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit DevHyfes! I had some friends who lived in CO for years, and I remember about 10 yrs ago them telling us how tough things were out there. They've since moved to OH. I thought it such a shame that such beautiful countryside as CO was a tough place to live for the job market.

Enjoy those ribs my friend! I have a feeling Pit Boss will want to see some pics of those porterhouses & board sauce, he may just be the biggest steak guy around these parts. If you want, check out my porterhouses I cooked this past winter. My biggest to date. You can see that post here.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you navigate around The Pit, learn how to fill out your signature, and learn the best way to post pictures here. Enjoy!

Comment

Hey there DH Nice to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit DevHyfes! I have many a USAF buddy that went back to CO to live after they got out of the military. Beautiful country. When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

After that we'd like to know more about you. Head over to the General Discussion channel and dive into the mix... Post your latest cook in the Recipes and Techniques channel(with pics!).... Tell us about your latest restaurant BBQ experience.... make yourself at home!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here