Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone 1575 Outdoor Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone 1575 Outdoor Oven

I just picked one of these up off Craig's List. Anyone have any experience with this grill? Mods to be done to improve it, etc.

Just today a reader on the main site posted a brief comment about the Blackstone. Has 4 of 5 stars on Amazon. Looks like you scored a nice unit. Look forward to your rigorous testing and pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      Just today a reader on the main site posted a brief comment about the Blackstone. Has 4 of 5 stars on Amazon. Looks like you scored a nice unit. Look forward to your rigorous testing and pics!
      I need to order the thrust bearing to take some load off the motor and get it cleaned up. There may be a heat baffle mod that helps the temperatures. Got to do a little more research on it. I got it for $100 with a nice pizza book thrown in with a new 1/2 full 20 lb propane tank. It is out in the truck, I just got home from getting nit. I plan on having it operational wed night and will have all the gory details by then hopefully.

Comment

Great find! 1/4 the price of new and a LP tank to boot. Happy for you. So the stone spins like a carousel in a microwave, is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          Great find! 1/4 the price of new and a LP tank to boot. Happy for you. So the stone spins like a carousel in a microwave, is that correct?
          Yes, you are correct. Some hve reported getting temps as high as 900*F. I will be happy if it gets to 700*F as advertised. Should make a great pie.

Comment

Sounds great! I'm jealous - nobody around here posts good grills or smokers on Craigslist

Comment

TB,it was a freak. Jon had found at Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 on Craigslist at a great price and then somebody else had found something on Craigslist and I just said well let's look on Craigslist and see what's there. There it was. I said well let's send the email to the guy and see what he says. Bang, it was still available I couldn't believe it.

Comment

• The Burn
                The Burn commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice grab. I did miss out on a used Weber gasser the other day. Not that I have a vehicle to pick it up in. So now, not only do I want more smoking toys, but also a truck or SUV to pick one up in.

Please share your Blackstone Patio Oven experience on our review page: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...one-patio-oven

Comment

Originally posted by Max Good View Post
                Please share your Blackstone Patio Oven experience on our review page: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...one-patio-oven
                I will Max. I need to get a high temp IR thermometer, get a great high temp dough recipe, etc. I hope to use it Wed. night and will take pics also. I am hoping it comes out well.

Comment

• The Burn
                  The Burn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thermoworks has been having a sale on their IR thermometers and they have several that range over 1000 degrees

• Marauderer
                  Marauderer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes I ordered the $35 one today so I can see how hot The Blackstone gets when I get It running

• Thunder77
                  Thunder77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ken Forkish: The Elements of Pizza.

Here we go. This is the unit stuffed in my truck last night to get it home.

I put the stones in the back seat so they wouldn't get broken.

Got it out this afternoon. I hope this is a diamond in the rough.

I have some cleaning up to do. It looked worse last night and I peeled off this big glop of cheese and pepperoni and tossed it before i put it in the truck. Looks a lot better now right??

Comment

I will try and do a lot more tomorrow. I called customer support at Blackstone today but no one was there . I will try tomorrow morning.

Comment

What no pic of the flux capacitor?

Comment

I am so sorry Jon, I couldn't find the darn thing. I will have a thrust bearing Wednesday and will post a picture of it, where it goes, and why it is a good thing to have.

Comment

I have been over in the Pizza section reading some great posts by fellow members. I need to get over and read MH's pizza info also.

Comment

I will have pics tomorrow but, I have figured out why they sold it for $100. It doesn't work!! But,m I know why and it should be an easy and inexpensive fix. The Metal turntable that is motorized and turns, that the 16" pizza stone sets on, is warped and the collar that positions it is set wrong. I will make the appropriate adjustment tomorrow with pics and post.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here