Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone 1575 Outdoor Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you need a new planetary gear for the old flux capacitor!

Comment

Yes, and I will use a sky hook to lift it and relative bearing grease for the lubricant.

Comment

I'm happy to send you a nice piece of flight line to use with that sky hook.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4093257_orig.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	39557
        Last edited by Jon Solberg; December 12, 2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

hahahaha... you guys crack me up!

Comment

What the Hell is a Jigawatt???? Great SCOT!

Comment

When I was a young pup in the Navy i remember the electrical types would get a small capacitor, charge it up and the toss it to someone and say catch. Man it would be quite a jolt and naturally it was funny to everyone but the poor guy that had caught the charged capacitor.

Comment

I did get the new "Thrust Bearing" and have completed the modification to the grill and installed it. Hopefully pics tomorrow.

Ohy Yes, the grill now works!!

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking forward of the pics Barry

Ok, some pics,

I got it cleaned up but, it cost me part of the N and all of the E. At least it is clean now.

This is the infamous thrust bearing. As you can see the propane burner, rated at 60,000 btu is small and it is imperative that the plate be rotating before and when the burner is on to prevent warpage.

It fits on the rotating plate shaft under the collar. As you can see the plate is warp from misuse. I have talked to my Metal engineers and they all have recommended replacing it. I called Blackstone every day last week and they still haven't answer the phone or returned my calls. Must be a real small Mom and Pop operation. Hopefully I will get a hold of them this coming week.

I don't want to take a chance of cracking/breaking the stone so I will wait until I get a new rotating plate before firing it up.

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the update Barry. Have they got a website? Sometimes people will answer an email quicker than answering the phone nowadays

I hope you enjoy your modified "BLACKSTOI" Lol. I wonder if something's wrong with their phones? Seems odd you'd get no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                  I hope you enjoy your modified "BLACKSTOI" Lol. I wonder if something's wrong with their phones? Seems odd you'd get no answer.
                  You know,. I went back and checked the phone # in my manual, 435-232-3030, and then I went on line and found the support # and it was different by only one digit. 435-252-3030. I will call this morning and order the new rotating tray. Thanks for jogging my memory Huskee.

Comment

Barry, looks like the next thing on your wish list needs to be a deck extension - that one's getting full

Comment

• Marauderer
                      Marauderer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You were absolutely correct on needing a bigger deck. I have a thread on that and will look it up and post it. I am only 2.5 yrs late. Hahaha!!

Originally posted by The Burn View Post
                    Barry, looks like the next thing on your wish list needs to be a deck extension - that one's getting full
                    Yes, I hear you. I would like a bigger house, bigger deck, larger piece of property, etc, etc, etc. You know what I mean. I am just happy I have what I have.

I am considering having a permanent roof made that is vented at the top. I will post pics if I do somethong. I talked to my contractor last week about it and am getting an estimate.

Comment

Who cares about the inside of the house as long as there's good homes for our equipment outside? I don't even have a deck. I'm stuck on the top of our driveway with a patio umbrella for protection.

Plenty of room for one, but the former owners (otherwise known as my GF and her ex-husband) didn't see the need for one and put in a silly enclosed patio instead. Someday we'll re-do that (it's a little dated) and then add on a good deck.

Comment

I called the correct number on 12/15 and talked to Holly in Customer Service. They have a shipment of rotating trays expected in this week. I got on the waiting list. I thought is was great that she quoted a price of $35 for the tray and that it included shipping. So, I am patiently waiting. She was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. It is a good thing I didn't try to use it warped as there was a good chance the pizza stone would crack from uneven heating and support.

Comment

Working yet?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here