Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious delimma -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already got the PBC, and a 5 burner gasser. So this is really going to be for smaller smokes, or charcoal grilling.
    Much easier to do PoorTex wings too.

It sounds like the SnS has some additional features that are actually useful. I think that's what I'm going to go with....

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Great! Can’t wait to see some pics and your thoughts about it afterwards, If you do get it.

I am a fan of SNS. You really cannot go wrong either way, but the support and quality from SNS is top shelf.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I started buying my Fogo from them. Dave’s price is great and it arrives in much better shape than Amazon shipments.

I have the SNS Kettle and multiple Weber 22s and I almost always gravitate towards the SNS Kettle. The added features are a great addition. I wish the ash sweepers did a better job but other than that I have no complaints. If you want to run low and slow close off the bottom vents and just open the fan port and it holds everything very steady.

But like Huskee said, if the 26 is an option I would definitely recommend. The added capacity is very nice to have when you need it.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      JoeSousa Yeah, the ash sweepers in the SNS aren’t as long as the Weber’s, therefore they don’t reach as high up the sides of the bowl. But even on the Weber, I still have to use an old paint brush to get all the ash in the basket.

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to see SNS release a 26"

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      With a real table! DavidNorcross

My SnS holds temps great and I like the 4 legs for stability/safety. The instructions for assembly were reasonably clear with drawings of each part.

I am disappointed that on my test burn, the finish on the lid was discolored around the vent for about 1" all around it. Looks like it was charred. My temp never got over 275 on that test so something wrong with their lid coating/finish.

Emailed them but have not received a response.

Cooks good though!

Comment

Santa brought my SnS today.
      Wife says I can't open it til Xmas......

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Bummer dude. But congratulations on the new cooker!
        Last edited by Panhead John; December 19, 2020, 08:58 PM. Reason: David reminded me to congratulate him. 😂

• DavidNorcross
        DavidNorcross commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! Gives you time to find a spray can of blue high temp!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here