Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious delimma -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats! Gives you time to find a spray can of blue high temp!

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats!

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Bummer dude. But congratulations on the new cooker!
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 19, 2020, 08:58 PM. Reason: David reminded me to congratulate him. 😂

• BFlynn
    replied
    Santa brought my SnS today.
    Wife says I can't open it til Xmas......

Leave a comment:

• Clark
    replied
    My SnS holds temps great and I like the 4 legs for stability/safety. The instructions for assembly were reasonably clear with drawings of each part.

I am disappointed that on my test burn, the finish on the lid was discolored around the vent for about 1" all around it. Looks like it was charred. My temp never got over 275 on that test so something wrong with their lid coating/finish.

Emailed them but have not received a response.

Cooks good though!

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    With a real table! DavidNorcross

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    I would love to see SNS release a 26"

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    I simply don’t want to exist without my 26.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    BFlynn GO COWBOYS!!!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Panhead John I just checked it is 75. Could be higher here & there, toward 100, but my 90% avg is 75. One time my thermometer died and I couldn't find my spare and so I cooked keeping the Weber's lid therm at 300 and all was well.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    It’s been a while since I checked, but I’d say it’s at least 75* hotter. In fact, I think on my next cook I’ll check the vent temps VS grate temps on mine also.
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 16, 2020, 04:28 PM.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Panhead John *I think* it's 75 degrees...I should check my notes first so I don't say the wrong number there and spread lies....

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    JoeSousa Yeah, the ash sweepers in the SNS aren’t as long as the Weber’s, therefore they don’t reach as high up the sides of the bowl. But even on the Weber, I still have to use an old paint brush to get all the ash in the basket.

• JoeSousa
    replied
    I have the SNS Kettle and multiple Weber 22s and I almost always gravitate towards the SNS Kettle. The added features are a great addition. I wish the ash sweepers did a better job but other than that I have no complaints. If you want to run low and slow close off the bottom vents and just open the fan port and it holds everything very steady.

But like Huskee said, if the 26 is an option I would definitely recommend. The added capacity is very nice to have when you need it.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I started buying my Fogo from them. Dave’s price is great and it arrives in much better shape than Amazon shipments.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here