Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on value of a used Weber Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on value of a used Weber Performer

Hi guys. I have been hunting Craigslist for the last month trying to find a used performer. Came close to a barely used 2011 black one (without the starter) for $125 but the seller backed out at the last minute. This one looks pre '09 era, also barely used, with the starter. I have negotiated down to $175 from 225 but I was hoping to be closer to $150. Do you guys think this grill is worth $175? I am getting antsy and my new SNS has been in the box too long!

Why are you quibbling over $25? Do the deal!

If $25 makes that much difference to your life, forget about the deal.

Comment

• Tim E
      Tim E commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. The thought of quibbling over $25 has definitely crossed my mind. Pretty lame. Haha

I wouldn't sweat it just for another 25 bucks. What else is in that storage unit?

Comment

Hmmmm....some people just likes to wheel and deal especially me

Comment

I would stick to getting the price you want. That just just me.

But it is worth it.

Comment

Hey Tim, I recently bought an SNS and it resurrected my Performer. Just do the deal and get on with some great cooks bud.

Comment

That grill, in that color, and that condition, is a SCREAMING HOT DEAL! Better buy it before the owners come to their senses.

Comment

• RichBrew
              RichBrew commented
              Editing a comment
              I for one would pay extra for that color! I wish there had been a blue one when I got mine!

It's a great deal, retail for a new one is 400 bucks. Make sure that the gas igniter works, it's a great tool for lighting chimneys!

Comment

I think you guys talked me into it....

Comment

Looks like a great deal to me.

Comment

I just found one listed for $100 and I hope I can get my hands on it. Comes with the cover and charcoal baskets. Looks to be in good shape. It's 10 yrs old but the owner said it's only been used 2-3 times a year. I really hope he emails me back today...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think that's a very good deal. Good luck!

Comment

Weber grills last a long time, so it seems to me if you can get one in good condition for less than half the prIce of a new one you have a pretty good deal. That doesn't apply to everything used, but it does apply things have a long life. You could think of it this way - if you can get ten ears out of it that is $17.50 a year.

Comment

Id be on that like a rat on a Cheeto!

Comment

• DWCowles
                          DWCowles commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm still trying to figure out how to get a Cheeto to stay on the rat trap

• Powersmoke_80
                          Powersmoke_80 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Peanut butter DW

I passed on one for $75 last year because I couldn't get a truck to pick it up from 50 miles away, and it just seemed suspiciously cheap. They go for about $150 around here, give or take.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here