Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the oldest Weber Kettle with a Slow 'n Sear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like Webers, check this site out. weberkettleclub.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wgrills.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	475.5 KB
ID:	201036

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Talk about a bad case of MCS (More cooker syndrome)!

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      That ol' boy is eaten up with it! I halfway expected to see an original 1952 model somewhere in there, though.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      He probably has that 1952 in a glass case.
      Right where the china cabinet was.
      Before the wife took all the furniture and left. :0

I'm going to check mine this evening once I am at home. I remember buying it in Jakarta, Indonesia in late 1997. I remember this because it was right before the government was overthrown and the local currency was in a free-fall. I bought it for right about $25!!! I have replaced just about everything except the bowl - grates (meat and charcoal), handles, wheels and the vents. I absolutely love it and still use it on occasion.

Comment

This was my grandpa's kettle. G model 1985
      SnS and PartyQ

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
        Crate & Barrel has this...$399. I remember a Canadian site that carries colors other than black, green & copper but I can't remember their name. I'll do some searching.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n200947[/ATTACH]
        hahahah, that basil would be scorched in no time if this were my rig!!!

Comment

I'm thinking Pit Boss has the oldest Slow 'n Sear.

Comment

My newer one is 2012....gotta check the older one at the old ladys but i think its late 70's

Comment

Ok the 2nd older grill at the ol ladys is a "B" which is a 1980

Comment

I have a 2010 kettle. I'm thinking that this might be the Edsel of Webers. Two little shelves on each side & a pop in bracket for the ash catcher proves it to be a bit of a lemon. But it works. The bracket is a royal pain in the petuti. I may have a friend drill & bolt it on.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here