Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best gasket for Weber Kettle 26"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best gasket for Weber Kettle 26"

Hi, folks. Thoroughly enjoying my 26" Weber kettle and Slow 'n Sear, but way too much leakage despite placing clips all around - so, time for that gasket. Anyone with a 26 who's used the WEBER KETTLE GASKET KIT 22.5 - 26.75 LAVALOCK? (https://bbqsmokermods.com/oem-smoker...ckr-brand.html). Thoughts?

Maybe the bowl, lid or both are out of round? Try fixing that first. It will cost nothing.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, lay lid on a level surface. See if it is touching the surface all the way around or if it rocks. If not solid, give it a gentle squeeze on the sides that aren't touching the surface.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      A garage floor works great for checking to see if there is any rocking.

Pretty sure I put my gasket on the lid. It has a better lip. Bear hugging and clips didn't do what a gasket does. Clean well for proper adhesion.

Comment

On my 22", I put the gasket on the lid, as Jerod said it's got a better lip. And I still on occasion (windy) use the binder clips. Then its SEALED.

Comment

Never really understood the obsession with "leakage", strictly speaking of cookers of course 😂. I have many Weber kettle styles and it seems after they are seasoned nicely, they don’t really leak anyway. If they do, I’ve never noticed or cared. They all perform great too. I wouldn’t worry about a little smoke escaping. Just relax and cook awesome meat product on your 26r.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          When the temps spike like crazy when cooking overnight, it jacks up your cook time. I never used gaskets until I needed them. Now I can really relax.

• zinfella
          zinfella commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never had need for a gasket either, BUT, I learned long ago that other folks sometimes have problems that I've not experienced.

Any gasket really on the lid lip. Works well. No need for clips. I put gaskets on every smoker. Helps the PBC quite a bit etc.

Comment

I think you can buy that Lavalock gasket for a lots less. I don’t use a gasket, does it make a big difference?

Comment

I use this one.

Comment

Downside with gaskets is overtime they get saturated with the tar from the smoke. I got tired of scraping and replacing, forget about it. My 26” leaked but eventually sealed itself with all the gunk buildup. I run a fan controller on mine and get rock solid temps.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here