Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the name of your smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My original PBC is named Woody and my Charbroil Kamander is named Buzz.....it makes sense when you seen them side by side!

Comment

I have creative names for each of my cookers:
      pellet smoker, electric smoker, gas grill, mini gas grill, Weber, mini Weber, flattop, The Orion. Very effective. 🤣😂

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Also lazy!

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. Lazy is my middle name. 🙄

I don't have names for my smokers or grills but the other day my wife asked if I was planning on hanging out in the backyard with my "other wife" on Sunday, and if so she would pick up a pork loin to smoke. I guess my smoker is now called wife#2.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210308_153131.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	1001855 wife#2 and her friends.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorta like this my brother Daryl & my other brother Daryl. Your wife #1 named it so you other wife #2 it is.

So in my Arsenal of backyard cookers, I have six ladies. I call them ladies because they are amazing. The first is my Weber Smokey Mountain. I call her Miss Mammy Blue. A hard working lady who is so consistent in her smoke that it’s like she is singin the blues. Blue smoke blues. My next cooker is my Big Bertha. She is an open fire grill for stick burning or lump charcoal and once she has the steady red coals, anything goes on her. Indirect cook or direct. Whatever you want to finish off before the presentation to the plate, she is your gal. Next is Miss Lewinsky. She is my Weber Kettle and as you know, the Weber Kettle will never let you down. A hard worker and a pleaser. That’s all I will say about Miss Lewinsky. Then we have Propane Elaine. She is a Camp Chef two burner standing cooker. I use her for my cast iron cooks. Although I’m not much of a gas cooker guy, sometimes it necessary for jobs like cooking up the corn on the cob or cookin some chilli or other on the spot things that require fast heat. She is also amazing when we do deep fried turkeys in the large pots. Then we have Hot Juanita who is my stick burner offset smokehouse. Her smoke chamber is 7 ft high x 4 ft square. She has four racks and they can be removed to hang meat. She is mainly used for large amounts of sausage coils or many racks of ribs or several pork butts, etc and she can hold a consistent temp with the perfect location of baffles on her firebox and her exhaust pipe. She also has an administrative wing where I can store some gear and a table to do paperwork or wrap some meat. Then we have Weezy Jefferson. She is the mother that everyone wants, that hardworking woman who stops at nothing to see
      her family well fed. She is a charcoal or small stick burner with a lid and a smoke stack for smoking small items. It’s great for packing full of hamburgers and dogs for when the kids come out of the pool. It’s your typical bbq/smoker that most people would start with. So that’s my six backyard ladies. We use all of them for our backyard events such as Ribfests, Chickenfest, Burger Cook-off and Friendsgiving. Photo: Our backyard tshirt.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Hot Juanita; March 10, 2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic!

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        That's amazing! Love the shirt. Can you post some pics of Hot Juanita?

• Beefchop
        Beefchop commented
        Editing a comment
        Some good names here.

"Fun Smoke"

My 8 year old daughter named it.
      Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        The "authority" knows her business. Now evertime you refer to yer cooker you have to address it properly, otherwise we’ll tell on ya!

Don't normally name my grills. However, my Masterbuilt 560 made such a positive impression and has such personality, it justified one. "Elvira" has dominated our grilling and smoking. She makes a wicked filet and smokes a bodacious butt.

Comment

For the gasser, I've got nothin' ... yet ...

For this little guy, tho' ... Evil R2D2 seems about right:

Click image for larger version

Name:	D30B66B8-97C2-496D-9E22-5067D375B435_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	388
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1010616

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that thing looks tough!

• tdimond
          tdimond commented
          Editing a comment
          My kids named my OG the Coffee Blender.

OK. This is fun. Here are my names. The green vault smoker in the pictures is the Green Monster (with apologies to Fenway Park). We call her "Greenie" for a nickname. The rest are not as interesting. My Twin Eagles gas grill is the "Gasser", my PK 360 the "AR", short for the allrounder, my Twin Eagles pellet grill is the "Big Bolus" and my Weber kettle is "Old Faithful" (I have been cooking on Weber kettles for 42 years with nary a failure). I have a few others that go nameless.
        Attached Files

Comment

My WSM is Webby Debby.

My Grilla Silverbac is nicknamed, d. The Grila app lets you name it whatever you want. However when my phone loses its connection to the smoker you have to unplug the smoker, remove the the smoker from your app, and then repair it to your phone and then rename it again. I’ve had to do this about half a dozen times so in the interests of time I just put in the single letter d - lowercase at that.

Comment

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            See, if I had to do that…mine might be named &%@#£¥$

Chain

Comment

Since I sold Lucille & then acquired the SnS Kettle I have a problem. I have referred to it, at least mentally, as the SnS, also my cooker. This has to end. No more it, not that there is anything wrong with It. Sorry ComfortablyNumb, no intentions on yer feelings. Been throwing around some names, Laura (from Dr. Zhivago), Sophia (my original teenage crush Sophia Loren), Wild Thing (cuz "I think I love you"). Hmmm, ponderin before my next cook tomorrow.
            Last edited by FireMan; April 5, 2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you asking for help?

Is this a POLL?

How about "Ripper"?

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              HawkerXP I sure get a similar vibe to a poll here.

Yes this is a poll! AND……..

HawkerXP wins! Congratulations! You win a Hasty Bake, or a PK360 or a SnS Kamado or a PBC or a Mak36 or a Shirley or a Kalamazoo Kamado digital photo of yer choice, when I figger out how to send it to ya.
            Ripper is a very appropiate name fer my SnS Kettle, annnnnnndddd fer short…….drum roll please I kin call it ……………..RIP!

Thanks fer yer support!

Comment

• Jim White
              Jim White commented
              Editing a comment
              And, as always, you don't give a Rip.

(As in, that SnS Kettle remains firmly in your possession.)

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Ripper, Jack The

BGE#1: Marta
            BGE#2 : Lil' Greeney
            KJ Jr: Little Boy
            KBQ: Stainless Stanley....or just Stan
            PBC 1,2,3.......PBC 1,2,3
            Burch Barrel: Olde Roadie

Comment

Mine are like Seinfeld episodes:
              "The stickburner" or sometimes "The Yoder"
              "The copper kettle"
              "The big kettle"
              "The tiny kettle"
              "The pellet"
              "The gravity"
              The kamado"
              "The cabinet"
              "The PBC".

Comment

I'm with Huskee
                the Yoder
                the Klose
                the Cabinet
                the Weber

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here