Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were going to buy a new cooker, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were going to buy a new cooker, what would it be?

Just a fun question. For this thread, money would be a factor. I just bought a RecTec (and I also have a 18" WSM), so I'm not in the market for a new cooker, but wow, do those PK360s look nice. I'd probably have more use for the 26" Kettle with SNS, but it'd be a tough decision.

‘If” has left the building! I am waiting on confirmation that my LSG 20”x36” has started
    the fabrication stage.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Wise choice on the LSG and welcome to the Pit !!

• AgingWarrior1
      AgingWarrior1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately I have to attend a funeral tomorrow, but guess who’s 45 mins west of the funeral home? Called the wife and told her, “hubby is gonna be a little later coming
      home!” Gonna get me some touchy, feely time at LSG! Looking forward to many years with my LSG brothers and amazing rib brothers! Thanks guys for all your comments.
      Last edited by AgingWarrior1; September 16, 2019, 01:06 PM.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      On my wish list. Nothing else I really want.

I’d go with Dave’s Adrenaline Kamado.

Comment

Just bought a PK about 4 month's ago, great steak cooker. I use my grill grates off my rec tec. Interesting story if you did not know they have been making PK's since 1954. Nothing wrong with the kettle grills either. It's all good. Line em up.

Comment

• Smoking77
        Smoking77 commented
        Editing a comment
        You do long cooks on it yet?

24" x 48"-"60", mebbe even 72"" Offset.
      LSG, Horizon, Yoder.
      With a trailer hitch.
      Make me a deal.

Jus sayin.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 17, 2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I’ve got enough grills, and have had enough fun tending fires constantly with my offset. I think I want a dedicated charcoal smoker, and right now am leaning towards a WSM 22. Then again, I wouldn’t turn down a big fancy new offset, just don’t want to pay the price for one.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't overlook th larger Good One models...
          Amazin cookers

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones - the Good One is about the only "offset like" cooker currently in the monthly raffle, and definitely one to consider. Do you smoke more or grill more on yours? How is it holding up after about a year? That said, those are still out of my current budget unfortunately, as is a WSM. Sending a payment to a wedding venue for my daughter today, and the wife is at the dentist getting a crown...

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones The Good One is my one real cooking wish list item - well that and a gas range for my home once the natural gas line gets run to our block in the next couple of months

Purchased a Grilla earlier this year.

Not 100% sure on which one but really leaning towards an Expensive Offset Smoker as my next major cooker purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by AgingWarrior1 View Post
          ‘If” has left the building! I am waiting on confirmation that my LSG 20”x36” has started
          the fabrication stage.
          Congrats! I'm committed to getting an offset... once my two kids (3-years-old and 4-months-old) grow up and leave the house. Any day now...

Comment

• AgingWarrior1
            AgingWarrior1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Been there! Done that! I now call what you described as "BC." That’s not "Before Christ" but "before children." Had a cheap Lowe’s off-site and chased temperatures for a couple of years. Raised 3 kiddos. Oldest girl is starting her 3rd year as a ICU trauma nurse at a level 1 trauma facility in Dallas, TX and my two boys are both in jr. college. So I’m taking care of daddy’s wants before the boys head off for Sr. college. Find a way to get yourself one and start making family memories!

• Smoking77
            Smoking77 commented
            Editing a comment
            AgingWarrior1 At what age can they start tending to the fire? 4 or 5? Maybe that's when I'll get the offset. I grew up in Plano, by the way.

• AgingWarrior1
            AgingWarrior1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely, after they pass an approve fire safety course! 😂

I want a new gas grill. Something nice, built in, 4 burners + with bells and whistles.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            with bells and whistles.
            That's gonna ¢o$t ¥a, but worth every penny, when it's all said, an done...

I’d love to have an expensive offset.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            What's yer dream rig?

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones It’s not something that’s realistically gonna happen any time soon...but those LSGs sure look nice 😁

I have had it with big ol' offsets, pellets that don't give enough smoke, the PBC I once had, even my great Weber with all the toys. I want a Karubeque. If the rating is as good as it says it is it will be, that will be my last smoker. The heck with the cost. Since I'm retired it would probably take winning the lottery before I could get it.

Comment

• lostclusters
            lostclusters commented
            Editing a comment
            The KBQ is definitely a quality rig, for sure, but it takes a lot of fiddling to get a good smoke profile on what your cooking. I find the default setting of top port closed and bottom port open produces a smoke profile far less then my mak 1 star. And it goes through a lot of wood.

I am going to ask Bill if he can make me a fire box with a third port more in the middle of the fire box to catch less dirty smoke.
            Last edited by lostclusters; September 16, 2019, 12:07 PM.

• Histrix
            Histrix commented
            Editing a comment
            There was a fellow here that was located in Massachusetts that was selling his KBQ for $850. You might want to check out that thread if that price appeals to you and it is still for sale. Might be worth a road trip! Here's the thread - https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-in-reading-ma
            Last edited by Histrix; September 16, 2019, 08:31 PM.

• mountainsmoker
            mountainsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks brother Histrix that is out of my driving distance and at this time out of my price range. I just spent a bunch upgrading my Weber so no more grill toys for a while. LOL.

Cookshack PG500. Having all those different temps at once would be sweet.

Comment

I have a Charbroil Professional gas (been in storage for years, and probably staying there), a PK360, and a KBQ. The only two things on my radar are a Santa Maria style grill (Engelbrecht 1000 is the one I currently have sights on, but always subject to change) and a Blackstone griddle. Once I get settled and figure out where I want to keep them I'll complete my arsenal.

Comment

Yeah, that LSG is ticklin' my MCS bone.

Comment

Substitute 'drug' for 'cooker' ......

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here