Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging thread - Awesome Grill or Smoker deals found out in the Wild

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Target is starting to clearance some grills... I picked up a new in box 22 inch Weber Kettle for 49.98... then took off another ten percent for my team member discount...

Might be worth checking your local Target store when you have a chance...

Comment

Had to do it. I had no option.

An AT (2013) Performer Silver. Super low mlies. I bet this hasnt burned 20 lbs. Weber rapid fire starter and 30 or so lbs of Kingsford blue.

Drive by at a garage sale. $80.00

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, nice deal! And yes I agree. I'll take lucky over good any day.

• Tim E
        Tim E commented
        Editing a comment
        This is unreal, I need to stop at more garage sales

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        Nicely done. Looks way better than my after less than a year (and approx 400 lbs).

Update on the Large Big Green Egg I bought for $165.

I sold it this morning for $600.

I love to buy low and sell high!

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. Very nice BGE flip you did there

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that even legal? LOL

• Butchman
        Butchman commented
        Editing a comment
        Be sure to report your income on your 1040 lol! What a flip!

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/grq/5267524412.html This seems like a good deal!

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed it is. Someone will jump on that soon I bet.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Must've snagged it up, listing says deleted now. And I didn't even get to see what it was.

New to the smoking game and new to owning a REAL charcoal grill.I picked up a 22in Weber MasterTouch marked down to $110 at Walmart. Saved about 90$,which of course got spent on a slow n sear.Added a Et733,and some $25 instant read that works for now.So far I did reverse sear burgs,steaks,did some chicken drums and thighs followed by wings.Pretty easy with Slow N Sear and tools I have assembled.Now I need to tackle something bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by ohio mossy oak View Post
        New to the smoking game and new to owning a REAL charcoal grill.I picked up a 22in Weber MasterTouch marked down to $110 at Walmart. Saved about 90$,which of course got spent on a slow n sear.Added a Et733,and some $25 instant read that works for now.So far I did reverse sear burgs,steaks,did some chicken drums and thighs followed by wings.Pretty easy with Slow N Sear and tools I have assembled.Now I need to tackle something bigger.
        Welcome to The Pit ohio mossy oak! Nice score, you basically got your therms for free! You have a GREAT lineup there. Next, maybe a whole chicken, rack of ribs, and then a brisket? You've got the gear and the good info to get 'em all done that's for sure.

When you get time, we'd love to see an intro from you in the Introduce Yourself channel.

Comment

Welcome ohio mossy oak

Comment

ohio mossy oak - Welcome to The Pit! Glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome ohio mossy oak! We're glad you're here. Also glad you like the Slow 'N Sear!

Comment

If you live close to Charlotte, NC this is a pretty good deal on an older Weber Performer. It looks dirty in the pics but Webers usually clean up VERY well.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I get a nothing there error

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  link works for me. Anyone else getting an error?

Link worked for me. Louisiana is a little to far to try to make a deal

Comment

Just yesterday I walked into my local liquor store and they had a new 22.5" WSM for 200 bucks. They always have single items like that for sale, in the winter they had a 600 dollar Toro snowblower on sale for 250. One of these days they'll have something that I actually need.

Comment

• Obi-Dan
                    Obi-Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those sounds like fell off the back of a trucks sales.

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ribeyeguy that's how I scored the $300 BGE with accessories that began this thread.

Wow... I hope this is legit. Emailed about it. For a $1000 off of MSRP and $825 off of Min Ad Price... heck of a deal on the New Summit Charcoal.

Comment

• Drbearsec
                    Drbearsec commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I'll certainly check.

• jgg85234
                    jgg85234 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, that's a lot of depreciation for one day. I guess we'll just have to wait for the early adopters to start selling them on Craigslist

Jim

• Drbearsec
                    Drbearsec commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Guess it got snapped up faster than I could get my email in... or the seller just hasn't answered anything. Never even got the courtesy of a response.

Another good deal... Weber Performer for $200.

Comment

Man, at this time last year I couldn't swing a dead cat on local Craigslist without hitting a half a dozen Weber Performers, now I can't get a single one in all of eastern PA!

Comment

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are you looking for one? I thought you were a BGE die hard

• Mosca
                      Mosca commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh no, not really. I just like to be tempted. Last summer I passed on a 1 year old barely used Performer Platinum, in green, for $75. I had to drive 50 miles for it and didn't feel like borrowing a truck.

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mosca for a guy that goes out looking for temptation you are doing a great job of resisting. I hope you never talk to my better half. You'd just get me in trouble. lol

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here