Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging thread - Awesome Grill or Smoker deals found out in the Wild

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 3...
    Jus' wanted to say, "Thanks" to all y'all, especially Meathead, fer such an act of kindness, an' generosity!!!
    I am jus' plumb dang flabbergasted, an' overwhelmed....
    Words fail me, beyond that...

Way I see it, all y'all's nickels an' dimes, yer hard-earned money, contributed to this, an' I am honored beyond belief!
    As some initial recompense, enjoy th' first, an' most likely last opportunity to catch me speechless...
    Crap! Now I gotta learn how to BBQ!!!! Lotta pressure, this

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I think you will do just fine.

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool!

Picked up the last one Clearance priced for $89, and not all stores are discounted yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3942.png
Views:	249
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	365690nClick image for larger version  Name:	image_45111.png Views:	1 Size:	279.4 KB ID:	365687Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3940.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	365685
    Last edited by Powersmoke_80; August 19, 2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      How are you diggin' it so far? That's one heckuva price.

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee have not had a chance to do anything with it yet.

• JohnInLA
      JohnInLA commented
      Editing a comment
      That's how I got my Bandera -- Walmart clearance sale at $89. The box was not pretty but everything inside was how it should be. Next project is applying the modifications others found useful. It is a beautiful piece of work.

Walmart has a lot of grills and grilling accessories on clearance right now with some killer deals. If you download their App on your phone you can check pricing and availability at your store. The discount price is only shown when you check availability at your store in case anybody is interested.

Comment

• bten
      bten commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up! I am watching to see if my local store will be discounting a couple of pellet grills that have been sitting around a while. This is a great way to check!

Just drove about 40 minutes to look at a Weber performer that was on Craig's list for a hundred dollars. I got him to throw in his slow and sear plus and brought it home for $160. MCS is satisfied for now and I feel complete now that there's a Weber in my stable again. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	365774

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just curious: who would want to sell a Performer and SNS?? They are the backbone of my grill collection!

• Butchman
      Butchman commented
      Editing a comment
      He had a copper 22 inch kettle, a new 26 inch kettle, and a cabinet style electric smoker, and a small weber electric tailgate job.
      He said his fiancé was making him down size lol.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Suh-Weet Deal!!!
      ¡Du bist, (ja, bestimmt), Der KettleMann, jetzt!

Originally posted by Butchman View Post
    Just drove about 40 minutes to look at a Weber performer that was on Craig's list for a hundred dollars. I got him to throw in his slow and sear plus and brought it home for $160. MCS is satisfied for now and I feel complete now that there's a Weber in my stable again. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.JPG
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	365774
    That's an awesome deal! It looks to me like the guy installed the ash can facing the wrong direction. You should check that.

Comment

• Butchman
      Butchman commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have a picture of the proper ashcan setup you can share so I can reconfigure?

• Butchman
      Butchman commented
      Editing a comment
      I see what you mean Dave thanks for the heads up.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      You bet. Glad to help.

Just picked up a 1.5 year old Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett Wifi from CL for $170, including 5 pounds of pellets. Legs are pretty much brand new (he never put them on and had them on a grill cart). Been wanting to pick up a portable pellet grill...was gonna do a Rec Tec mini but couldn't pass that deal up.

NOW if my friend at Weber will hold on a few more months so I can get a Summit Charcoal with his discount.... I'll be thrilled.

Comment

Bought this BGE Small a few months ago, new but in a bankruptcy, for 300€ standard inclusive.

Name:	file-3.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	376755

Comment

Originally posted by kukle View Post
        Bought this BGE Small a few months ago, new but in a bankruptcy, for 300€ standard inclusive.

Name:	file-3.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	376755
        I had a small I paid $300 US for, which is how this thread got started. I sold it a year or two ago to open up some room on the deck but gotta say it was a nice cooker. I think you'll like it!

Comment

Found brand new Weber 26 on Ebay for $170 with no tax and free delivery so snatched it up. Click image for larger version

Name:	grill.png
Views:	217
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	390276Click image for larger version

Name:	grill 2.png
Views:	245
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	390277

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Boom!!! Congratulations! You're going to love it!

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats a great score!

Always wanted a Copper Performer and found this on craigslist so I'm going to pick this up tomorrow for $100, was only posted 2 days ago!

Name:	IMG_4165.png
Views:	206
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	399142

Comment

Great Deal!!!

Comment

Name:	6A9B9844-413E-4BF2-BD26-1B26F0E6AFD0.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	404252Click image for larger version

Name:	0F0CF647-6F95-4503-A8BC-24E67CACCA65.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	404251Click image for larger version

Name:	139068D8-E6B6-4563-A14B-F75D3BCF6145.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	404250 So, while I was sleeping during the day last month (since I worked 12-hour nightshifts), a couple of deals came up on Craigslist in Rockford, IL. This here pair I got for $60. I got another kettle I’ll post up later this week. Click image for larger version

Name:	01723969-0080-45F6-8893-C708D3C3CFDF.jpeg
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	404249

Comment

• JCGrill
                JCGrill commented
                Editing a comment
                You got the PAIR for $60? Great deal.

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                JCGrill , Yep. Couldn’t believe no-one had picked it up yet!

After spending way too much time reading reviews and watching YouTube videos, I had finally decided the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill was going to be my next purchase to up my charcoal game. I've had a ridiculous streak finding reduced price cookers to upgrade to (my wife will only let me have three) either through sheer persistence or dumb luck (probably the later). Anyway I was slowly building up my war chest for the next purchase figuring this time it was retail for sure but still surfing Craigslist hoping against hope. And then, there it was. New and in box. $1050.00 and no tax out the door. A couple of phone calls and a drive across town later and there it was waiting to be assembled:

Name:	Summit.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	411871

Box was a bit beat up but everything inside was good and assembled with no problems. Probably too much bad weather in my area this weekend to do a cook but I'll be putting it through its paces during some off time during Thanksgiving.

Comment

I received a phone call last week from a friend who wanted to know if I would be interested in buying a new in the box Weber kettle for $150 and I responded with a NO. Then he told me it’s the one with a table (he doesn’t know nothing about grills) so I told him I will look at it. I went to met him and I followed him to the location where the grill was. This guy didn’t have one but he had two Weber Performers (a copper and a green) that has never been open. He offer me one for $150 and $250 if I take both. To make a long story short I offer him $200 for both and surprising he accepted. I kept the green one and gave the copper one to a good friend for an early Christmas present. Click image for larger version

Name:	A6B7E1E2-5C16-40AF-8CA8-3F4A56C47868.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	411885Click image for larger version

Name:	10F31DB1-3525-4367-BDB5-5A749CDD8B09.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	411884

Comment

• GadjetGriller
                  GadjetGriller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  makes up nicely for the Red one having to go back!! Great upgrade.

Craigslist find. I have been looking for a Weber 26.75 for a long time. This was a little bit more than l wanted to pay, but I still think it was a good deal! $250 for almost new kettle, chimney starter and cover. Oh and two half bags of charcoal. Not bad!
                Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here