Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging thread - Awesome Grill or Smoker deals found out in the Wild

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Score, Amigo!
    Love yer pics, as well; especial th Kettle self portraits!
    Yer gonna LOVE havin th extra real estate, an find delicious ways to fill it up!

Comment

I just got a medium Big Green Egg for $400.00 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	495827

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a real bargain there!

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Well you have done, Luke!

• Atalanta
        Atalanta commented
        Editing a comment
        I just saw several of these in my CL look just now. Was very tempted.

I should know better than to read this thread! I decided to stroll over to CL and found some interesting finds. Tons of Weber kettles and a couple performers (not tempting enough at $300). Posted the highlights below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE22AA9F-A8AF-4577-BA8D-3CB934FFDE1A.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	498428https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...568794320.html (I don’t think it’s real)

Name:	72857776-10C5-4788-B049-907B047A6BD2.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	498429https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...580786118.html (Pretty but I have my blue)

Name:	8ACB55DD-C6ED-479E-BF25-1B0583B9DCB7.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	498430 Looks like it could have been a gold medal winner. REC TEC $1800 https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...584628626.html

Name:	06E0493F-1B94-4FBB-8740-F36BC3EA5BA9.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	498431 not something you see every day, a yakitori grill https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...570767462.html

Comment

Went by Lowe's today in Missouri City, TX. They had two Weber Preformers on clearance for $199.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could find a deal like that.

$500 including the stand, pretty much all the accessories, and a DigiQ2.

Name:	500.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	518457

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Wowza!

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that’s the most impressive deal ever.

This Weber was $100, a couple years old, and used a total of 3 or four times.

Click image for larger version  Name:	uVupplf29IWW4rYwR1eHSMGARFlkO_zTwD7r7HXrHJgfm9qU3GakTI9d1BRkXl4l1fo5cb27XS9PDPug0BAFFtOc4WPouraIsy9dNe1lGkXL8HcjfGWPXDIZZIztzdsNzQjN0N86zU0nLdxkDxObs2RPa-xLq_QLT5Q4Lde5M5W-hyE8_L6GP02sujSMt2A5WdPNP5iFI6EEFNsJzcLoQfmMwliCTUE5H4lpc6g-SjOw2x2kNV9Gq8n7fO2PgCV Views:	1 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	518521
        Last edited by Attjack; June 18, 2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

$50.

Might try to sell it for $50 since I think I might be moving on from the Orion at this point.

Name:	v3Pp36t.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	518527

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm giving this to my sister and brother in law. Just picked them up a bag of matchlight to get them started.

$50 and worth every penny.

Name:	WGx9viVEuy7y0f_i9GthHO9oojTt2kOuQR2u8TmQasRxFH-JgdkfX98-1KcRy79HR8RMBiMoLPecZdIdvVWq8_h6KnY5poN-JghelAgIM5FIXfBhuRihgxoTgO7-xFjehv0Og_ajdgU3mm30UBeSKZeqDl2VbWj3ciKt_Vp8gBLzRhmPTy_8urEOtCTNyXjfnRxgXvehFPEcITLwrl77jNrOoQlKAY-kBOHJOPaRkIGeO-b-QTS-CmMWlTfinBA
Views:	275
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	518530

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a super score!

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed but I did put $30 into a new motor but that was worth it. I'm about to fire it up right now.

Seen this on FB Marketplace, in Brick NJ. $80.

IIRC, I remember reading somewhere that it won't do really high heat, but will do well for low and slow. I forget the brand, it is probably about 40 years old.

EDIT: It's an Imperial Kamado, from the mid-70s.

Click image for larger version  Name:	37284592_10211266888298103_5825118862001045504_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	569148
          Last edited by Mosca; September 21, 2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Also, this is the time of year to score that Weber Performer. End of year, people thinking they'd rather go back to gas, etc.

Comment

Was lucky enough this week to pick up this Engelbrecht Braten 1000 with ALL the extras for a fraction of the retail.

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	569599

Name:	IMG_0499.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	569595

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	569596

Name:	IMG_0496.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	569597

Name:	IMG_0498.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	569598

Name:	IMG_0495.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	569600

Name:	IMG_0500.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	569601

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                How low did they go?

• DoubleUpOrQuit
                DoubleUpOrQuit commented
                Editing a comment
                $1,000. Whole package was $4,000 new. Also have the custom cover, just not pictured.

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome.

I'm new here and joined because I recently bought a GMG Davy Crockett. I got a good deal on it but not good enough for bragging rights and while I was shopping for it, I knew I wanted a pellet smoker so I didn't pay much attention to what else was out there. After reading through this thread I decided to take another look around. That might have been a mistake because this orphaned MHP WNK came home with me tonight after I made a $50.00 donation to its previous custodian.

Name:	MHP_WNK.png
Views:	264
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	569722
              My best guess is it's from the early 2000's. It was getting too dark to take decent pics when I picked it up but all of the grates are in good shape as are the porcelain briquets. Even the cover is in good shape. The only thing questionable is the burner and I already have one ordered. This gives me two cookers from the Best Value list, but is this deal brag worthy?
              Attached Files

Comment

• bten
                bten commented
                Editing a comment
                That is a great deal. MHP invented the gas grill The body will last forever. It has good even heat for $50, you stole it!

I got this Weber Q (it''s the biggest model) for $50 from craigslist. It came with that griddle and the propane hose. I am making taco salad with it in the picture.

Name:	20180720_190237-3024x1470.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	569813

Comment

So a few weeks ago I just sort of happened to be perusing Craigslist, and I just kinda accidentally searched for charcoal grills. Well lo and behold, what pops up but a Primo Junior Oval with a custom-made table, for $100!! Well, I immediately emailed the seller, because I was certain this was a mistake. No mistake! They were downsizing and
                did not have any room for the poor Junior. I hastily arranged to go see the grill that afternoon. Bam! It was for real, and I snagged it right away.

I had had to return to pick up the grill, and when I did, the seller said, "Look, my husband found some more parts." So for $100, I went away with the Primo Junior, two heat deflectors, and a totally unused extended grill grate, and the table!

I bought the heat deflector/roasting pan racks, and a new lump grate. So for about $200, I have a Primo Junior complete, and a table! Wooohooo!!

I’m glad I came along when I did. Someone would have called GPS (Grill Protective Service) on the seller soon. They had used briquettes in a kamado! The horror! I had to disassemble the grill and remove the "cement" you get when briquettes get water in them. The lump grate was rusted out. But I rescued Junior in time, thank goodness. 😎
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Thunder77; March 26, 2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
                  Thunder77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good heavens, I never thought about that! I didn't smell anything suspicious, though.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amazing deal. I missed one for $200. Still hurts thinking about it.

• JoeSousa
                  JoeSousa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice one. There is a twice used Primo XL I have my eye on right now. Lots of accessories with it too. Probably at least $1800 new and they want $950. Very, very tempting.

Hello, have been reading amazing ribs for while now and finally activated my trial membership. It has been great, even more knowledge to gather. Yesterday I was at Lowe's and saw a WSM 18 with a red tag on it and a price for $299. I asked the employee about it and he said that was new price. I saw there was no dome thermometer and it was missing the grommet on the side. I asked about these things and he said he would sell it to me for $200. I jumped all over that deal! Have been using a 22 kettle with SNS and love it, now I get to use me new WSM too!

Comment

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice score!

Welcome to The Pit!

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice. I love my 18" wsm.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here