Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging thread - Awesome Grill or Smoker deals found out in the Wild

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nate that's a nice deal. But pssst we need to talk... just you and me... OK? guy secret time... buy all the toys you can NOW before the wedding. Afterwards well... Heck, I won't spoil it for you.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Believe me I am aware of the potential redirect of funds... However.... She is aware of my addiction so to speak and knows it is just part of the package deal. She even purchased me a Brinkmann Trailmaster Vertical Offset Smoker for Christmas because she knew I was itching to try to a Vertical offset... so she is so far seemingly a good sport about it all.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      OK. Let's talk a couple of years after the deal is done.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Nate good woman there!

Here's one, in New Jersey: Weber Platinum w/propane starter, $150. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/for/5021234979.html

Comment

Here's another in Mechanicsburg PA, $125, ash collector needs to be reattached:

Comment

Holy Heck! Here's a Weber Performance Platinum in the Baltimore/Washington area, used 5 times, with all the tools and accessories, $75!!!!

Comment

• The Burn
          The Burn commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, I wish people in Chester County (PA) were that generous, even though I have a year-old low end Performer and a used OTG.

I found a year old Weber Genesis S330 today for $500. Had the extended cabinets. Was told it had only been used for a few months - it was rougher than I expected. They paid $1350 for it last year, but used it in a commercial setting. Lots of grease and carbon buildup, scratches and corrosion on flavor bars. Didn't pull the trigger - but still thinking about it...

Comment

I found a Weber Genesis Gold on craigslist recently and just repainted it yesterday. Tomorrow I'm doing my first cook!

The grill was only $25 and all I added was some brand new GrillGrates after cleaning it up and hitting it with high temp spray paint.
          Attached Files

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW!! What a great score! Nice job!

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Wowzers! Ya done good!

• The Burn
            The Burn commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, gotta say, "Wow" is the correct response to this

Found a 2014 Weber Performer Deluxe. Full price $400 plus Tax, Craigslist for $250 (Talked her down). Only been used a few times... looks near brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by Drbearsec View Post
            Found a 2014 Weber Performer Deluxe. Full price $400 plus Tax, Craigslist for $250 (Talked her down). Only been used a few times... looks near brand new.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/weber-...b=1&a=1552

Wow, in blue? That's definitely a nice find. =)

Comment

on the way in work today, just two doors down from my house, i saw a Vermont Castings gas grill with a big FREE sign on it. The sign said two of the three burners still work. I'm asking Mrs. Dog to walk over there to check it out closer (she works from home) this am... but... it's raining. this will be a project grill for me, and the price is right... Updates to follow
              Last edited by CurlingDog; May 29, 2015, 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

after reading up on this... i think i'll still take it for free and then assess time and materials investment to get it working right. a little loving and some oven cleaner and this might be a nice little addition to my grill fleet.

Comment

Link is dead CD. Free is a nice price!

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Wow, in blue? That's definitely a nice find. =)
                    Picked it up today, yes it was the blue one. If it's been cooked on more than twice I'd be shocked. The coal grate has very little if any change in color, and there is a little stickiness from the kerosote on top.

There was a cover too that was extra... So cost with tax would retail ~$500 ($399 for grill, $50 for cover, $50 for tax) and I got it for $250. Deal unlocked

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sweet. With all the rain we are getting in Texas, I think a lot of people could very well cut their grass and not only find a car, but plenty BBQ pits they didn't know they had.

I'm going to pick this up tomorrow - $18

Vintage Sears Kenmore 60's Charcoal BBQ Grill Excellent Condition!
                    From my personal collection of Mid Century Americana is a 1960's Vintage Sears Kenmore Charcoal Grill with Rotisserie and storage Shelf. Grill color is dark grey with rubber tire wheels. Rotisserie motor works perfectly. Fire Bowl is SOLID with adjustable grid, handle, and tool holders. Condition is very good for a used product of this vintage. Grill has many many more years of life. Grill is complete as shown and ready for immediate use for this upcoming summer.

Doesn't appear to have a close-able lid, but for $18, including a working rotisserie, I figured it's worth playing with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01717_cQmQ8CmMUnq_600x450.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	86761

Name:	00E0E_6KRAMvzjJY_600x450.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	86762

Name:	00E0E_dB76rc2B4G5_600x450.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	86763

Name:	00707_9vukspNGZ2_600x450.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	86764

Name:	00606_iHrtTpwOy4p_600x450.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	86765

Name:	00l0l_8vHGpYdW5yN_600x450.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	86766

Name:	00C0C_i6N45kG4imZ_600x450.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	86767

Name:	01616_4TyPLiTUdDa_600x450.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	86768

Comment

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can't believe they're only asking $18 for that. Seems ludicrous cheap.

Picked it up today & it looks just like the photos. It's a 24" bowl. A few inches deep angled. No ash disposal method. No vents. So not much way to control temperature other than the number of coals. The center bar of the rotisserie will sit about 6-8" above the coals. Presumably, they thought this partial hood would contain & reflect some heat. I think I may re-paint it (I need to find high temp food-safe paint for the interior) & then I'll have to do some heat tests.

This was from a guy who collects mid-20th century stuff from garage sales & flea markets for his preference not value, and I think the wife told him to downsize.
                    Last edited by The Burn; May 31, 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Here's an almost new Big Green Egg with the essential accessories, in SW PA, $650.

Comment

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He's selling because he wants to buy an electric smoker??? SMH

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here