Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All time TOP 3 Personal favorites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All time TOP 3 Personal favorites.

I thought it might be interesting to get an idea of individual personal favorites as far as grills and smokers go.
    We all have our own styles and techniques, and the gear we use becomes our go to a lot of times.
    I will confess to purchasing an embarrassing amount of outdoor cooking gear over the years but i always find myself going back to a select few. (I have the same problem with guns)

My top 3 would be.

1. Big Green Egg.
    Have had the original for over 20 years. It was cutting edge and a kind of a gimmick back in the day but I took the risk and still love the thing. It has proven itself to be THE best investment in outdoor cooking gear I ever made. All still original with a busted fire box I will never replace because I prefer it. I've used it so often I set-forget-and go to bed.

2. PK 360.
    Fast becoming a second to the Egg. Another set, forget, and let it do its thing. It does lack cooking space on occasion but for the most part is perfect in performance.

3. Lodge Sportsman.
    Cant be beat for a quick fun cook. I'm a burger, hot dog, and steak man and this little thing is unbeatable in my opinion. Mine is also getting on in years. 40 years old as near as I can remember. Don't really know how I got it or when but would never be without it.

Anyone else have favorites?

1. Would be one I haven't gotten yet- Ole Hickory CTO (gas powered, wood burning, auto temp control, convection)

2. Blaze n Grills Grid Iron- Pellet Grill Wonders of ease...

3. Pit Barrel Cooker- put me on the map in these here parts....

Comment

I only have or have ever had a weber kettle and a camp chef smoke vault 24. So i guess its a top 2 for me since i havent owned anything else. I really love a good old fashioned kettle. If there is something i want it would be the new ABC BBQ kamodo.

Comment

Well--there is always the ones you haven't gotten yet. I keep looking at the Hasty Bake and I mean REALLY looking.
        But my wife is getting a little grumpy. I might have to sell a few and have a do-over. I figure the Good One and the Memphis Pro would be on the list but I have a hard time letting go before I replace!!

Comment

1. WSMs, with fan control, smokes anything and everything, set & forget convenience except for occasional spritzing or probing

2. Weber 22” kettle with SNS. Pretty much same as above with added grilling power

3. Pitts & Spitts Pellet. Despite my recent mishap, this thing has been rock solid for two years. Have 1000 sq in of cooking surface available for tons of meat, same set/forget convenience

I'm working toward a large vertical smoker as my next cooker, but to be honest I really just need the above for 90% of my needs.

Comment

At this moment:

1. Hands down my $50 rescued Santa Maria grill. I look for every opportunity to cook with it.

2. The old Traeger BBQ075. It doesn't quite give the smoky profile of the charcoal/wood fired rigs, but it's easy, reliable, dependable, and produces great food every time.

3. The WSCG is the most versatile cooker in the arsenal.

Honorable mention to the Blackstone 36 and the Webers.

Comment

WSM, kettle with sns. I have a Traeger Scout pellet, but I am thinking about replacing it with a Grilla Chimp. I think that will do it for me; I want a griddle, but I am not sure I would use it very much. Right now the kettle/sns has replaced the wsm in first place in my heart.

Next month when I win the giveaway, everything will change though...

Comment

Yoder loaded Wichita stickburner
                26" Kettle w/ SnS
                22" Kettle w/ SnS

Honorable mention to the Weber Jumbo Joe w/ SnS Basket for camping & the beach.

Comment

1) 26” Weber kettle with SnS - Best all purpose cooker.
                  2) PBC - my new go to smoker
                  3) Weber gasser - For those quick cooks

Comment

1. Large BGE with heat defuser and the Ceramic Grill Store Woo and Extender
                    2. MiniMax BGE with Woo and ceramic stone
                    3. Weber Jumbo Joe and poor man’s SlowNSear

Comment

• Thunder77
                      Thunder77 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What's a Woo?

• LA Pork Butt
                      LA Pork Butt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thunder77 A Woo holds the heat defuser and raises the grill to the felt line on a BGE. It makes it easy to remove the stone and grill in one piece and also allows you to cook direct direct without the stone away from the fire. You can check it out at the Ceramic Grill Store on line.

• Thunder77
                      Thunder77 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LA Pork Butt, Thanks for the info.

1. Will be sharing my revolutionary kettle attachment soon. It will be my No. 1 choice.
                    2. 22" Kettle
                    3. Home-built Vertical Gasser.

Only ones I have so far

Comment

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would like to hear and see more about 1 and 3.

• Mudkat
                      Mudkat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh a teaser. I like that!

• Pequod
                      Pequod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      #3 sounds like a certain brother of mine...just sayin'...

My #1 is definitely the Lonestarz Grillz offset.
                    followed by my copper kettle
                    than my large BGE.
                    the BlackStone, KJ jr., and RandV works deep fryer come in a close fourth.
                    But I do love cooking with all of them no doubt..

Comment

Weber Kettle - mine is a Performer with gas assist lighting. It's the only one I use although I do have a Cookshack electric smoker.

Comment

33 year old Fire Magic Custom II gas grill
                        PBC
                        Tie: Dyna Glo vertical propane smoker and Smokey Joe

Comment

I've only owned and still have.
                          2, 22" Webers
                          1, PBC
                          1, Smoky Joe (silver)
                          Had some cheap gassers but can't even name them.
                          Like what I've got so no need to buy any more. Right?
                          Last edited by HawkerXP; April 14, 2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• klflowers
                            klflowers commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Right. No need.

• Thunder77
                            Thunder77 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You say that now, but....

• Mudkat
                            Mudkat commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I wanna know what else you have in the attic. 😀

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here