Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charcoal storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just found the picture I had of it
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      This was me until I got my 150 gallon deck box.😊

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s so organized it’s sick. 🕶

Originally posted by gmascolo51 View Post
    I like those Kingsford Charcoal Caddy’s if you can find them at Lowe’s or Home Depot and arent all cracked and smashed.
    These are nice, hold about a bag. I've had one 5 years and just noticed that the lid cracked. So now I drag it to the garage instead of leaving it under the folding table on my grill.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I had one crack, I called Kingsford and they sent me a new one. Great service.

Kingsford Kaddy works great - one bag of charcoal pretty much fills up one Kaddy. I keep the Kaddy in the deck box just to be on the extra safe side, and keep the next bag of charcoal in the shed or garage to refill the Kaddy with. BBQ Commandment #2 you know - Thou Shalt Not Run Out Of Fuel”. LOL
    Attached Files

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that deck box.

Originally posted by Steve R. View Post
    Are you looking to store the actual charcoal, or the bags of charcoal? My 18.6 lb bags of Kingsford go in the loft of my 10 x 10 shed, and then I keep about a bag's worth of charcoal in one of those plastic Kingsford charcoal caddies to use from. I think it came from Lowes.
    I use the charcoal caddies as well. I have two with briquettes, for the Weber, and two with lump, for the BGE.

Comment

Well, this is an oldie but goodie.
      In a comment to Huskee I noted I have a similar can. Process; Store bags in garage, when a bag needed, carry around to can located under deck. Drop bag in can. Ready for a cook take chimney down to can, load up. Back up to cooker located on deck.
      New process; Take 6 gal. can to garage, load up charcoal. Place on deck. Load chimney as needed. No more lugging bags and going up and down to get coals. This hit me as a better way in 90+ heat.
      Got this at Lowes today $18.
      ​ ​

Comment

I have something like this to hold my bags. deck boxes | Costco

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. Does it keep the neighbors out? 😊

This is what I use for my charcoal storage
        Attached Files

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a nice stockpile of JD ya got there!

• CowboyAL
          CowboyAL commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you

I love jd lump coal only brand I use

Comment

I keep bags of charcoal in the garage and I have about 4 Kingsford Kaddies that I keep on the patio. I like the small version of the Kaddies as they are easier to pour charcoal from than bigger model. They seem to keep the charcoal pretty dry. When storing charcoal, the only thing that can go wrong is that it gets wet or damp. Wet is bad as it doesn’t want to light easily or burn hot. A little damp is not ideal but will still work with a little less heat output.

Comment

I keep mine in 30 gal metal trash cans on the patio. The cans ( and about 60 lbs of charcoal) were throw ins when I bought my PBC.
            1 each for briquettes and lump.
            I leave it in the bag as I usually have more than one kind open. Each can easily stores a couple of 20 lb bags. Reserves are stored on shelves in the garage..

Comment

I want something like this: a hopper that dispenses right into the chimney. Would be nice to have bigger, but keeping charcoal in plastic buckets is getting unsightly... Kane Big Bin BBD-2 Wall Mount Dispenser

Attached Files

Comment

I re-purposed an old 19cuft standup freezer, holds 6 bags of various brands of charcoal and some smoking wood.

Comment

• scottranda
                  scottranda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice idea! I hope my freezer never goes out, but will now remember to repurpose it if it does!

Big Rubbermaid bins in the garage store all my various bags of charcoal. I choose the desired bag, take it to the deck for use, then return the bag to its home in the bin in the garage. Humidity can play havoc with charcoal, I've learned. To avoid that, this setup works for me.

Kathryn

Comment

I am the slob in yer video…… in my garage a bag is here & one over there & one right next to it & a couple over there & two over there &…..you get the picture.

Comment

I keep them in the garage on a couple of 2x4 cut offs to keep them off the floor.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here