Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Quite Show Us What You're Cooking - A Spoof of SUWYC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    I've been on this site a minute or two. I have taken an occasional hiatus or two due to unforeseen circumstances, however, I try to scan even when I cannot post (or have nothing to value add). That said, not sure I ever saw this post until today. Guaranteed I've had moments that I should have photographed to be roasted. The cheese soup that was more like "Cottage Cheese Soup" comes to mind. Will try to keep this thread in the back of my mind for my next catastrophe which is likely coming!

    Comment


      #92
      Nice try barelfly passing your failed science experiment off as “Brussels.” Next time you are trying to create Kelvin-Helmholtz instabilities please consult this photo of the them in the Sun’s Corona which was taken by the Solar Observatory in Maui.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3457.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.81 MB ID:	1874621

      That, or at least use some watercolor paints to make them the right color. Oh, your issue wasn’t that the heat was too high but in fact your temperature was too low by about a million degrees.

      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha!!!!!!! That’s funny! The pic I posted is actually not as bad as they were when served because they kept cooking even after I switched skillets! So….perhaps they were close to a million degrees for the amount of carry over cooking!!!!!! 😂

      #93
      Yesterday I was making my regular oatmeal with blueberries, honey and cinnamon for breakfast. I didn't have on my glasses. Boy was I surprised with my first spoonful. Apparently, I grabbed cayenne red pepper instead of the cinnamon. Not good. They do look similar from the side of each glass bottle. No picture because I didn't think about that.

      Comment


      • WI Bubba
        WI Bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        Getting old is not for the weak of heart.

      • RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet you woke up fast though.

      • hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Fiber and capsaicin is a powerful combo

      #94
      I thought it world be a good idea today to cut Butternut squash into thick slabs, soak it in maple syrup then throw it on a 600 degree grill.

      It was, in fact, NOT a good idea at all. Not one bit. Ended up looking like I grilled a disease. 😂😂

      Roast away, friends!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260814_181904.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	1877240

      Comment


      • Alan Brice
        Alan Brice commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, I'll bite.

      • hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        At first glance I thought this was a crime scene photo from Jeffery Dahmer's refrigerator.

      • TheAmazingJohnJ
        TheAmazingJohnJ commented
        Editing a comment
        @hoovarmin

        Dang! Shots fired!

      #95
      SheilaAnn I had or in my head that the squash would cook fast like a yellow squash, not slow like a potato. The grill was a mess.

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh no! Yeah…. Summer squash and zucchini are lotsa water, not sugar.

        Now use an acorn squash hollowed out and stuffed with cooked pasta, Italian sausage and red sauce….top with cheese…. And use a CI pan…. Let ‘er rip for about an hour until the squash is tender. That there some good eats!

      #96
      At first glance this looks pretty good. Except the skirt steak I used was like shoe leather. I cut strips against the grain then cut it into small pieces. Marinated in soy, mirin, black pepper, salt, a couple other things. Seared in a smoking hot ci pan. No joy. I started to sear it then throw it in the IP to tenderize it. Next time I will.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1225.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	1877260

      Comment


      • WI Bubba
        WI Bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John I didn't mention any names. But if if see yourself in that comment...

      • hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        You're not supposed to use jerky Kev!

      • klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        hoovarmin where were you when i needed you man?

      #97
      It’s Summer Baby! Smoked brisket, fresh corn on the cob, garden fresh salsa and homemade naan bread… oh yea!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1536.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	1878280

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1533.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	1878281

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1528.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	1878282

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        And we are making fun of this why?

      • Ace
        Ace commented
        Editing a comment
        Great looking cook. Doesn't look like it was meant to be in the spoof thread... 🙂
        Last edited by Ace; August 19, 2026, 05:26 AM.

      #98
      I am proud to post not all cooks for the win.
      On a Pork Loin tried Traeger Anything Rub. Taste was better than it looked.
      Over cook a little dry, and more texture.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3132.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	886.1 KB
ID:	1878378 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3133.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	1878379 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3134.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	1878380

      Comment


      • WI Bubba
        WI Bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        Not your typical jerky, but looks dry enough to be shelf stable.

      #99
      Antipasto Reviera sans tomatoes from La Pizzaria Metro
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260915_183818.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	1886383
      I had difficulty thinking up something to make for dinner (working around DD's theater schedule), so this was pizza night. Ravenous actor needed fed, so thin crust pizza with pancetta for her, and massive salad for me.

      Italian Meats & Cheeses with Romaine, Arugula, Cucumbers, Carrots, Red Onion, Roasted Peppers, Ceci Beans, Black Olives, House Dressing

      Delicious and all gone. And that's what I'm not cooking.

      Our restaurant is the perfect place for your group gatherings and parties. Whether it's a birthday, anniversary, or just a get-together with friends, we offer a welcoming atmosphere and...

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        I certainly would not make fun of this, sir. 😉

      • WI Bubba
        WI Bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        What ^she^ said. I think you may have put this in the wrong spot.

      Another entry in the 'I didn't cook this' department....this is 'Show us what you're preparing':
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260916_184028.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1888978
      Fresh 'baby' sweet peppers, garlic knot, and baked tri-color tortellini in vodka sauce. Another one of my "didn't plan for dinner" moments. The pizzeria in the post above has a shop with all sorts of Italian goodies, including some 'take and bake' things. My kiddo and I popped in there after school and this is what we found. It was so freakin' good. The garlic knot was okay, not great. But the pasta...oh man.

      My kiddo was wondering why the pasta was different colors and I explained the Italian flag tie-in. She loves her Italian heritage and is learning Italian, her third language, bless her.

      Comment


        Ugh! So then anyways, I thought I would be clever and dust some chicken with the Marion Kay Chicken seasoning and vortex that $hit. Yeah…….

        dusted the chicken (leg, thigh, wing) and let it rest for about 3 hours. Set up vortex and let ‘er rip. Added a little pecan half way through. I was diligent in turning the lid of Mr. Cub and everything. Because this blend has the flour already in in, the flour burnt and you could taste it. It was crispy, ok….. nothing a little TDHH (ok a lot) didn’t fix. Overall, not my jams.

        in hindsight, shoulda spritzed with some olive oil or some other fat? I dunno….

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0576.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	1890515


        Comment


        • dpearce
          dpearce commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm. I bet if you had a CI pan with about an inch or so of oil, it would've worked! Still, I'd be down with some Corndog chicken!

        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Alan Brice Texas Dave’s Heavenly Hatch. I put that $hit on everything! (Almost)

        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          dpearce corn dog chicken! Alert the county fairs!!

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7