Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix BBQ Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also recommend season one of Ugly Delicious, some very good BBQ stuff as well in several episodes. Also, try the Chef's Show, Jon Favreau which is my favorite of all the Netflix cooking shows...

Comment

I have been watching the American Barbecue Showdown with my 8 year old and he loves it. He is asking tons of questions so it is fun that he wants to learn and know more. I like that it isn't just competition cooks cooking competition bbq. There are some other methods and meats they have to cook and for most challenges they have to make side dishes as well. A couple of the competitors are a bit over the top early on but it gets a bit better as it moves along.

Comment

I’ve watched the episodes about Tootsie and Rodney Scott, both were well done. Tootsie’s story is fascinating to me. I truly admire folks like that, didn’t let life beat them down.

Comment

Just watched Street Food Latin America, which has some grilling, but is more about culture of street food in various cities... Next up is Street Food Asia... good stuff.

Comment

Watching American BBQ Showdown, and while I generally like these type of shows, this Netflix series is heavily scripted and contrived. Additionally the judges and hosts are not particularly likable. The judges are off-putting and the contestants are pitiful. The head judge, a female bbq competition winner, in fact, is unlikeable with her snarky comments about the contestants behind their backs. It's nice to see all the BGEs and other grills, but there's little details about cooking methods and techniques, so you learn very little. Nothing redeeming about this series.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              This is precisely why I don't often watch reality cooking shows, BBQ or otherwise. Heavy strategic editing and scripting = fake, and EVERY commercial break leaves a big cliffhanger complete with that token crescendo music! Eyeroll.

For those interested, Tina from American Barbecue Showdown is now on BBQ Brawl Season 3.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/bb...brawl-season-3

Comment

I really liked season 1 of American BBQ Showdown, but season 2 is just irritating, I hate how the judges only description for a food is "This is one of the best _____ I have ever had". It feels like they say it at least 3 times an episode. It is annoying how inept they are at describing dishes that are served to them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here