Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever ordered from Double 8 Cattle Company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ever ordered from Double 8 Cattle Company?

If anybody's had experience with these folks, please pipe up.

No, usually Snake River Farms. But you have my undivided attention! These look delish!

Comment

I have no experience, but they do have some great lookin' meat. I am sorely temped by the full short ribs, but at $100+ per rib, I will remain tempted...
      Last edited by RonB; December 5, 2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I got a email from Camp Chef to enter a contest and Double 8 Wagyu was part of the prize package. I meant to Google Double 8 but you have saved me the time. Never heard of them until yesterday when I got the email so I have no experience with them. I am pretty much a SRF loyalist but open to try new places.

They must be relatively new as most of their items only have 3 or 4 reviews with a few up to 20. Also they are selling FULL Blood Japanese Wagyu not American Wagyu. At first glance their prices are cheap for full blood Wagyu compared to SRF American Wagyu. Does make me a bit skeptical.

Their cuts conspicuously lack prime rib bone in or boneless and no briskets. They do offer a line up of sausages so they must be grinding the brisket for ground beef and sausage. That's a shame in my book.

That being said I will keep the page bookmarked and maybe give them a small order but right now I'm pretty stocked up from SRF sales the last couple weeks.
        Last edited by Frozen Smoke; December 5, 2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I've been watching double 8's picanha for a while, seems to spend most of its time "sold out". Anyway, I clicked the "notify me when it's in stock" button, and got an email saying they had it. Went ahead and ordered, and it came in earlier this week. Certainly is a pretty looking 4.8 pound piece of meat. I've got to give them kudos on packing, I don't know how much dry ice they started with, but there was still 6 pounds left when I got the package. Heavy duty cardboard box with 1 inch metalized insulation all around then the meat and dry ice. Don't know when I'll cook it, but I'll follow up whenever.

By the way Frozen Smoke - they do have briskets, but for whatever reason you have to enter "brisket" in the search box to get to the listing. For whatever reason, it does not show up when you browse through the products ??????. https://double8cattle.com/products/f...12286808686669

Click image for larger version  Name:	coulotte.jpg Views:	1 Size:	417.4 KB ID:	604479

Click image for larger version  Name:	cap.jpg Views:	1 Size:	355.6 KB ID:	604480
          Last edited by johnec00; December 8, 2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            Been watching this one too! I just hit the notify button. Hopefully soon!

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Do let us know how that picanha comes out!

I'm eyeballing that aged Osso Bucco Steak. Maybe something I can afford two of.

Comment

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            And the ground beef patties look good too - I can afford $5.50 for a good 1/2 lb burger - cheaper than going out.

One of those Tri-tips will eventually reach my palate.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up johnec00 on the brisket and be be sure to let us know how your picahna turns out. Good to know they package things properly. They're smart enough to know that packaging hings right the first time is cheaper than returns and credits.

I will be giving them a try eventually as they are cheaper than SRF for larger cuts. I will certainly be watching for actual cook reviews of their products.

Comment

I dunno. The term "full blooded Wagyu" seems awfully strange...

Comment

That’s a really nice looking picanha!

Comment

If I order high end beef, I get it from Painted Hills .... but that’s cause my local butcher carries Painted Hills .... and it’s damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                    I dunno. The term "full blooded Wagyu" seems awfully strange...
                    Coupled with the prices does make me skeptical as well but it's hard to argue with they way that pichana looks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here