Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60s Japanese Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60s Japanese Kamado

Any idea what make this is? Guy refurb'd it and said it was a 60s Japanese Imperial Kamado but he couldn't figure out make.
    Attached Files

A very nice lookin' cooker. I wish I could help you. All I can think to do is to take a photo of the logo and post it to this thread. Then right click on it and select "search google for image". That might help. (I'm using windows and chrome.)

Comment

Very nice refurbished 60 year old! If we could all look that good at 60.

Comment

Hmmm...60 year old?

Comment

• jecucolo
          jecucolo commented
          Editing a comment
          I read it wrong. From the 60s. More like 50. Still pretty good shape.

Imperial Kamado was a brand. If that is an old Imperial Kamado, it is beyond refurbished. Ask him where he got his magic wand.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he found a time capsule

Yeah, he did work! This was the before pic. Looks like the SS upgrades came from Smokeware. He’s asking $350. I’m checking if I could maybe trade some stuff for it.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang...I stand corrected !!!

Wow! The only thing to be aware of is that those older cookers were not made for really high temp cooking. I understand that American servicemen returning from overseas would bring these home with them. At least that is what I have read.

Comment

The before picture looks a lot like the one I had. You need to know you can’t cook at high temperatures (cook below 300) without risking damaging and you will want to check the fire box, because that is what gave out on mine.
          Last edited by LA Pork Butt; May 30, 2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I was reading stuff on that earlier about the older ones. I'd like to do pizzas so I'll probably skip this and look at a more modern ceramic or something else...Ooni maybe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here