Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently got a PK360 and absolutely love it. That said I'm with Jfrosty27 and love my variety. My count is six at the moment and also use them all.

Comment

It truly is the most versatile, wonderful, kick butt smoker/grill/oven/griddle/fryer/slicer/dicer I've never had!! Tongue out of cheek, I sure wish I owned one - too bad my wife knows where the guns are....

Comment

Don’t have one yet, but it may be on the list. Right now my favorite is the pellet grill cause it is cold outside and I turn it on with a button. But my kettle/sns is pretty versatile.

Comment

Take it easy there, Frodo! You gotta take off that ring and stop being seduced by the darkness. After all, Hobbits come from the shire where second breakfast is the rule. You can’t just have one...😜

Comment

You can grill and smoke anything on the pk360 and it’s nearly the same useable space as a Weber 22” kettle. Smokes like a dream. I can cook exactly the same great food in the pk or the kettle.

the only pk limitation is size. If they made a 720 I wouldn’t need anything else, of course then they would have to take "portable" out of the name.

Comment

• TripleB
              TripleB commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s one of the limitations of the PK360, it is not very portable. Just because it was wheels, does not mean portable.

• Polarbear777
              Polarbear777 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you just take the capsule it is portable. And the front and back vents means it will work fine on a flat surface (non flammable surface of course).

I can do everything mentioned with my Jumbo Joe, with a stainless grate, a slow and sear and a set of grill grates. I want a a PK 360, but I can’t figure out what it does that I can’t already do.

One of these days I will figure it out and buy one,

Comment

For years I've been playing around with an older Weber kettle that I had inherited. It mostly works fine, but I have a difficult time getting it to hold steady at 225-275 because the bottom vents have corroded out and no longer seal properly. I want to upgrade to something that can do low n slow cooks, but my wife isn't too

Comment

• TxF
                TxF commented
                Editing a comment
                Unlike most, that might double the space I’m used to working with. 😎

Long Live the PK 360, somewhere. They are rumored to last a lifetime.
              I only use charcoal to start campfires when I have to build one.
              Happy Grilling to you.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                And they go good while drinking PBR?

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Edit, add PBR.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Please do not lead him on sir.

Originally posted by OHurley88 View Post
              (EDIT: Let me preface this by stating I am not 100% serious with this post. There are obviously many caveats and this post is intended to spark discussion. Carry on.)

Aside from smokers, there is literally no point in having any other grill. IE Weber kettle, Kamado, etc. IMO this is the one to rule them all. That's it, that's the post. Thoughts?
              I love my PK360. But IMO, it couldn't easily (or totally) replace my WSM or PBC.

However, I agree that the PK360 is a great all-around grill and smoker. If I was banished to a desert island and could take only one cooker, it might be the PK360.

Comment

• Clark
                Clark commented
                Editing a comment
                TBoneJack If you were banished to a desert island with a PK360, what would you cook?

• TBoneJack
                TBoneJack commented
                Editing a comment
                Clark, I would grill/smoke fish, rats, and komodo dragons if they dared inhabit the island I was banished to...

I thought about smoking a couple rats just to prove my previous statement. But I decided against it.
                Last edited by TBoneJack; February 13, 2021, 06:20 AM.

Its funny how we all talk about that one cooker and I would bet that there is a small handful here who only have one cooker. I guess I do not have a PK, but they are very versatile and cant say that I would never own one. But, I would not get rid of any of my other ones either . Good thread....

Comment

I have a PK360 and really like it. Like most here, I am fortunate to have other pits as well.

The PK is a fabulous searing machine. It is quick to get it going and with grill grates, there are no flare ups. Grill grates are a PITA on a PK unless you tie them down somehow. Mine are mounted on their own frame and they replace the factory grates when used.

At 360 square inches, it is just too small. It is also a bit pricey but it is extremely well made and comes with SS grates. It should last a lifetime. If PK came out with a PK600, I would likely own one "lickety-split".

Meanwhile my 360 works extremely well when assisted with bourbon on lots of rocks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-06 082134.png
Views:	275
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	985531

Comment

• Alphonse
                  Alphonse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cashelton I made a separate frame to hold them. https://youtu.be/IlTFiZtPRuY

• JakeT
                  JakeT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gotta have the bourbon in case of flare ups. One can never be too careful.

• tiewunon
                  tiewunon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cashelton I had my neighbor do up my grill grates thanks to Alphonse’s youtube video. In fact I actually use them now.

Attached Files

Comment

Love my PK, Love my pellet grill, Love my wife. would not part with any of them.

Comment

• Clark
                    Clark commented
                    Editing a comment
                    randy56 In that order? Just curious.

The PK360 will grace my porch and be my RV travelling companion this summer. I'm expecting the arrival of a new 24 x 40 LSG offset in the next 2 weeks or so, so I'm now devising a plan to convince the Minister of Finance that the PK is a necessary acquisition. I might have to actually rid myself of a cooker or 2 (perhaps the oldest of the kettles), but that would be a worthy sacrifice. God forbid I get a side job to pay for it, but that's not out of the question either. My burden is a heavy one.

Comment

I love my 360 but I also like owning other cookers as well so I don't know if it could be my one and only cooker. If I could only own one cooker, it would probably be my M1 since it's bigger and I can cook with all sticks if I want to.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here