Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK 360 as their only cooker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
    Look at your lid vent. Normally there is a two digit code for its age. Use this to find out how old. If less then 10 years old the metal parts are still under warranty. Also, show us a picture. Some of us are into old stuff.
    http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/
    It's a DI code, so that apparently means 2007. Not old enough to be a collector, but old enough to have corroded out the bottom vents pretty badly. I think this is why I cannot hold down low temps - the vents no longer seal properly.
    Attached Files

Comment

I had already purchased a Slow n Sear and D&G pan, so as much as I love the workmanship on the PK360, I decided to go with the SnS Kettle so that I can continue to use the gear I already own. Maybe when I have a larger patio I can splurge for the PK!

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Good choice!

I was going to suggest the SnS Kettle as your "all in one" type solution.

Unless you have a strong emotional attachment and you're handy/really enjoy the work, I'd suggest DIY fixes to the blue kettle in photos isn't worth the ROI.

If you've been kettle cooking for a while, and it looks like you have, PKs take a few runs to master on the set up and cooks, just due to the shape, capacity, coal positions.

I have the Kick Ash Basket for my PKTX, which took me from really liking my PK to loving my PK when it comes to two zone searing; some have said the basket height is an issue, but I have not seen it as an issue.

Good luck w/the SnS (which seem to be back in stock, per email updates anyway) and let us know if you pick up the 360 down the road.

Comment

I could probably get by with the 360 being my only cooker since I don't usually do large amounts of meat or very big cuts of meat but I like having other options for the times I need more room plus I like trying out other types of cookers and is why I have quite a few other cookers to choose from.

Comment

I have a PK360 and it is my only charcoal grill that I use. Love it for both low and slow and hot and fast. Well worth the investment.

Comment

• rwalters
            rwalters commented
            Editing a comment
            How many people do you cook for on a regular basis and do you entertain often? The size of the PK is the only thing that has held me back from buying a 360.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here