Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for your input on adding a second grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Summit Charcoal Grill. It is both a kettle and a Kamado. Get it with the table so it is more stable.

The new version is called the Weber Kamado. Same size as a BGE XL but is more versatile.

Comment

Well, I learned a whole bunch reading this thread! I can’t afford it, but I am super curious about bothering the Weber Kamado and the KJ Kettle. Neither of which I knew about, both of which I kinda want! I’ve been curious about Kamado cookers, but I have kids, uneven ground, and probably at least 2-5 moves left before I finally settle down. I KNOW that a traditional ceramic Kamado would not survive.

oh yeah, lol, the reason I came to the thread, I would go with a kettle and SnS. Super versatile and really does everything you want it to do. You mentioned that you already have the RecTec, so you also retain the ability to "set it and forget it" for smoking. Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input! Lots good information. After talking more with my boss, she thinks I should go with the performer. I normally only cook for 3 to 5 people so it's plenty big enough. I'll start calling around tomorrow to find it in stock some where.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Great choice! Hope you love it. BTW, someone use to have a beautiful blue one, I think it was maybe Crate and Barrel. ACE could have special colors too, they’ve had some stuff in an indigo color. How long can you last until you start accessorizing if?

I am a loyalist. Dave Parrish is a member, he and Huskee designed the Slow N Sear, then Dave developed the SnS kettle & & improved the kettle substantially, where Weber has continued to drag there feet & make no or little improvements on their product. It’s a given it was once the best there was on the market, but they have rested on their laurels. Meanwhile sullying their reputation with their two recent roll outs of new products. I have two Webers, if I were buying now it would be an SnS kettle or an SnS Kamado, for what you are talkin about. There are better Kamados, but they are upgrades that you will pay for, such as the Primo.

Comment

2 pages and nobody has said the obvious solution?

Get both....you probably will eventually anyway.

Comment

Sounds like you need either a Weber Kettle or a PK Grill

Comment

Get the komando first. That way the kettle will seem a bargain when you add it to the litter later on in the summer. There is no resisting MCS, so just embrace it.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Like yer way of thinkin. That way ya kin outfox yerself.

I have a Yoder pellet and BGE. Neither was "perfect" for searing a couple of steaks quickly. While both were capable, setup and waiting times were too long. I looked at the PK 360 but found a better solution for $100 more: The M Grill's M16. It's able to sit on my ss outdoor table, quickly lights, and makes the best steaks ever. Gets up to about 900 F. Comes with choice of ss grates or Grill Grates. Built of heavy, thick stainless and will last forever. Can also do indirect cooking because of the way the vents are designed and the precise construction with the same effective sealing as the Yoder. Made in the US.
              Last edited by BBQPhil; February 25, 2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Alphonse
                Alphonse commented
                Editing a comment
                The M16 is a nice grill but it is 275 square inches and doesn't include a cart. So it is 30% smaller than the already too small PK360. With a M-Grills cart, nothing comparable to a PK360's, the M-16 costs $1325 delivered. That is $526 or 65% more than the PK 360 at the moment.

As noted, I bought it without the cart and use it on an $80 table I already had. So for me it was $800.

Comment

Kettle.

Comment

A few have mentioned the Vortex, and I can't recommend that strongly enough if you need some insane heat for searing, or high indirect heat. I quickly learned to walk around the grill to flip things and NOT reach over that portal to hell.
                  Last edited by Steve R.; February 26, 2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, after losing some arm hair I learned that lesson too.

On further reflection, I'll second FireMan on the SNS kettle. When and if I replace the kettle I have now I will definitely get the SNS kettle. It really improves on the basic Weber kettle. Plus, like FireMan mentioned, Dave Parish is a really good guy and I know he will support his product.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
                    DavidNorcross commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What he said!

Do you ever see yourself wanting to smoke on the other non-pellet grill? Will you be doing a lot of grilling in extremely cold weather? If the answer to both is no, then save the cash and get a kettle.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here