Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adios, Pard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adios, Pard...

Inspired by JeffJ 's post, but not wantin to hijack it, I decided it was time to post this.

Never easy, but hopefully cathartic...

Had to put an ol cooker out, on 21APR19, to wait on alla th scrappers that constantly roam th hood...

Wade was a good ol cooker, with more'n a hundred butts, half that many chuckies, an countless hunnert smoked burgers, brats, chicken parts, an pork chops under his belt. Never turned his lid up at makin th veggies, grilled corn, or pans o beans, neither.

Many cook pics I posted in 2016/2017 were done in him.

Th thick aluminium body made him great fer indirect charcoal/wood chunk smokin, but eventually, his poor ol grates just got too burned up, an none are available, that I could ever find.

Perhaps, he'll come back as some Yeti tumblers, an Weber grill parts. That'd be nice, an I like to hope so...

Smokey, payin his last respects..
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190421_153906 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	683343
    Final pic with Wade
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190421_154023 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	655.0 KB ID:	683344
    Despite th glare, an hickory/mesquite smoke, a pic of his remainin innards...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190421_154045 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	683345
    See ya on th trail, Amigo...we had ourselves a good Ride!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190421_154436 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	683346
    Time fer a shot, here...yall can join in, if ya wish. .

Soooo Sad

Comment

I will take off my hat and have a moment of silence for wade tonight., (with a cheer, using some of the good stuff)
      Love your style Mr. Bones.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Brother!

Just cut down a sheet of expanded metal to replace the grates.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Pondered it, have th metal...didn't work fer th top, hinged one...

Great to finally hear from ya, Brother!!!!!

Hope all is finer than frog's hair, there down home!

Well, it wasn’t a Weber & it did look like it was missin a couple teeth. There is a time fer everybody. Yup.😢

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        "Always Look On th Bright Side of Life"
        Most times, yerself an I think dangerously alike, my Brother!

Whew!!! I thought you were leaving us!!!

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        That was my first thought too. Glad I read on.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to cause undue alarm...

Reckon I'll be told, when there's a time fer that...

Or we could do a poll, if FireMan set it up, to avoid any 'riggin'

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated...

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Had the same feeling.. 😀 haha Spinaker

Hat tipped, St. Remy XO shot(s) consumed, and sentiments sent your way ...

Comment

Smokey looks a little sad. Wonder if he'll stand guard to at least fend off dogs looking to take a sniff, or possibly a leak.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          He'll always take on all comers...

It’s with a tear in my eye and a tip of the hat, that I bid Wade a fond farewell!! Adios amigo, via con dios!!!

Comment

To greener pastures, Wade....

Comment

My condolences. In time, you will find someone to replace him, and that will make him happy.

Comment

My heart hurts and goes out to you my brother.
              Such a sad time. Having to put a good friend and cooker out to pasture.
              Be strong Mr. Bones We are here for you in this time of grief. 💪🙌🙌🙌

Comment

It appears Wade led a fruitful time. Many fond memories associated with him. I’ll look for him when I need a new Yeti Tumbler.

Thought you you were leaving The Pit - glad I was wrong.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Brother! Glad ya were wrong, as well...
                  Cause, on accounta If I was leavin Th Pit, it would most likely mean I was drt/doa, an I wouldn't be able to let yall know!

I hear ya. Few years ago my old Weber kettle finally corroded through the leg joints. Made a planter out of it and so my old "greenie" still gets to hang around.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a great use, Amigo! I've seen a few Weber planters, but not a hangin one...
                  Love to see pics, sometime.!

• TripleB
                  TripleB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mr. Bones you took "hanging around" literally. Sorry, it’s just a regular planter. Plant is so big now that it droops over the side and you can’t see the kettle. But I know it’s there ☺️

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very Cool, Amigo!
                  May yer kettle planter Rust In Peace!

Cue Taps. Rest easy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here