Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems With The Masterbuilt 560

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, having read all of the updates on the MB gravity smokers, would you recommend getting one or a pellet smoker for little to no babysitting. I love using my Dyna Glo offset but just don't have enough time to babysit and tend the fire. My time now is spent chasing around a 2 year old and maintaining the acreage.

If you recommend a pellet smoker, what would you get? I really want to stay under $800. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jpietrantone View Post
      So, having read all of the updates on the MB gravity smokers, would you recommend getting one or a pellet smoker for little to no babysitting. I love using my Dyna Glo offset but just don't have enough time to babysit and tend the fire. My time now is spent chasing around a 2 year old and maintaining the acreage.

If you recommend a pellet smoker, what would you get? I really want to stay under $800. Thanks!
      You might want to start a new thread just so you get some traction. Check out this channel too https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...pellet-cookers where folks have posted a bunch. glitchy has a lot of experience with recent models too.

Comment

This gives me exactly the same flavor as any of my charcoal+wood setups with a lot less fuss (when it’s working which really has been almost all the time).
        I find most pellet coolers to have milder smoke flavor. For what that’s worth...

I also chase kids around so set and forget is a necessity, whether the MB, a pellet or a fan controlled rig.

Comment

• jpietrantone
          jpietrantone commented
          Editing a comment
          That's my main concern going with a pellet option. I've read about people using pellet tubes to get more smoke but don't know how much they help or not. Thanks for the input!

I have had my Masterbuilt 560 since June. Worked fine until Labor Day weekend. I went to start it up and fan wouldn’t work. I registered the unit when I got it. Contacted customer service through email, the only way you can right now. They promise to contact within 5 business days; we are on day 8 and I’ve heard nothing. I don’t even know where to get the switch I need. Great unit other than this massive problem.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          My guess, 99% sure, is it's one of the 2 hopper doors' switches. Same thing happened to me. You can try bypassing one switch at a time, if you're handy. It's easy. Pull 2 screws out, hook one wire to the other wire's post. Or, try contacting MB again and explain this to them, and that AmazingRibs.com sent you to them. If you can't do this AND they don't answer you SOON, let me know and I will get ahold of my contact there.

Do we know anyone that can help Huskee?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here