Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Grade Wagyu Brisket Cook Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Grade Wagyu Brisket Cook Time

I'll be making a SRF Black Grade Wagyu brisket this weekend for Father's Day. I've heard rumors that they cook quicker. Anyone smoker one of these in their PBC? Cook time? Thanks, in advance.

Not a PBC owner, but I recommend you start testing for probe tender around 180-185 F.

Comment

@225 I have found they cook closer to the 45 min/lb range, but I also recently did one of their Gold that took over an hour/lb to probe tender...

Comment

I did a wagyu brisket and noticed zero difference in cooking times. I started probing at 190.

Comment

• Thomassen
          Thomassen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info.

Not cooked in a PBC but yes start probing at 190F.

Comment

Definitely let us know how it turns out want to try one of these for the 4th

Comment

I’ve cooked a few SRF black briskets. They took the same amount of time as choice and prime take for me.

Comment

I just cooked a SRF Wagyu Black brisket a few weeks ago. I found that around 185, as Draznnl says, i needed to start probing for done. I was done in the low 190’s. The brisket weighed a bit over 14 lbs pre trim. Post trim, It was about 9.5 lbs …. SRF left a lot of fat on it, which I was a bit grumpy about.

BUT the brisket was fantastic and we all loved it. I had it on to cook around 5 AM and it was coming off and wrapped to hold about 4 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	E136DFD9-56C2-4D50-9AEF-BA6C0CD2B4D7.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1237020

Name:	9FF8522F-2F9C-4367-81D0-2D498EA331CF.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	1237024

Name:	E96ED0DD-7355-4F2A-B023-67BBB75430E5.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	1237023

Name:	6850D4AF-1919-42AF-BFCB-7A891790544E.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1237022

Name:	F1996637-678F-4D5E-B687-DAF1B09B83A6.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	1237021

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here