Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I have a 20 lb turkey in the freezer . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tdimond - What did you think of the end result? It looks fantastic, was it nice and juicy? I’m in the same boat, my sister bought a frozen 22 pounder but then decided she had to have a different brand, so I told her I’d smoke this one some time over the next few weeks. I’ve done a 13 pounder on the PBC using the turkey hanger, but this is a big guy and I’m not quite sure how to handle it. I had also been thinking that halving it would be the best way to go. Did you do any brining? Thanks!

Comment

• tdimond
      tdimond commented
      Editing a comment
      It turned out great! I got rave reviews from the neighbors. I was a little concerned, but the PBC did well with it.

Welcome to the Pit! Jessterr

Hey tdimond
    Last edited by HawkerXP; November 22, 2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Jessterr I've never smoked a bird that large on the PBC, but many people here have.

FWIW, check out this PBC Cook Times... topic for cook times and methods.

Bird that large--I'd inject the breast with melted butter for sure.

Kathryn

Comment

• tdimond
        tdimond commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a good result even without injecting. The PBC really works wonders.

Thanks to all for the advice and the welcome! Awesome info on that PBC Cook Times link Kathryn, it’ll really come in handy, much appreciated.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here