Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma -- Ditch the 26" Kettle for Hunsaker Drum? HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rwalters
    commented on 's reply
    Man, you’re really wanting it... lol.

I don’t think we live anywhere near each other. I am in northern CA. Here’s what I have invested in this kettle setup:
    Weber 26.76” kettle: $299
    Full set of GrillGrates: $130
    Medium Vortex: $30
    Slow n Sear: $160
    Easy Spin Grate: $110
    Weber Cover: $42
    Grate extender $50

Total: $821

If I were to sell, I’d most likely put it @ $500 firm. That’s pretty much the kettle/cover/SnS w/ everything else being free if purchased new.

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Dangit!!!

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    How about 450? 🕶

• rwalters
    replied
    Originally posted by klflowers View Post
    I came to this late. Are you sure about the decision? I saw 350, I could go 351
    Sorry, was just sold to the highest bidder at $352. Man, missed it by a buck 😢

Leave a comment:

• rwalters
    commented on 's reply
    Not immune, trust me!!! I’ve been the dude with a backyard overflowing with cookers on more than one occasion. I guess I have just come to a point where I find greater satisfaction in keeping things minimal and simple :-)

• klflowers
    replied
    I came to this late. Are you sure about the decision? I saw 350, I could go 351

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    You are absolutely out of your mind. You must be immune to the MCS virus. 😂😂

• rwalters
    commented on 's reply
    Gotcha! Well, for what it['s worth, rotating things around once or twice depending on how much food you have cooking, should do the trick. Each portion getting to spend their fair-share of time in the higher temp zone. #balanced

• Rod
    commented on 's reply
    rwalters The regular cooking grate and the elevated grate will cook at different temps. So if I'm at say 225 on the main grate I may be 275 at the elevated grate. That 50 degree difference will not always be the same as you get hotter or cooler. If I'm at 325 on the main I might be 350 on the elevated. That's what I meant about dialing it in. Trying to determine the best balance between the two.

• rwalters
    replied
    Originally posted by Rod View Post
    For more capacity there's also the elevated cooking grate from Adrenaline BBQ. Got one myself. Just haven't dialed it in yet.
    I actually have that very accessory arriving today... assuming FedEx doesn't mess up... lol. What do you mean when you say you don't have it dialed in yet? Is it that difficult to use? The guys that I have spoken with rave about it for how easily it provides more cooking real estate is needed. They simply rotate things around a couple of times during the cook to keep the cooking process balanced. Sounds easy peasy

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    I think this will solve your dilemma: Get a bigger back yard.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    Keep the Kettle and get the drum. They are so different it is only logical that you have both.

Leave a comment:

• Rod
    replied
    For more capacity there's also the elevated cooking grate from Adrenaline BBQ. Got one myself. Just haven't dialed it in yet.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, Texas is chuck full of suburbanite F-250 with and without lift kits. Always kills me to see them all shiny and detailed. My favorite is to watch some little dude pop out of the cab. Now what kind of envy is that ?

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Lol JoeSousa I think the same thing every time I see those ridiculous trucks not being used as work vehicles. There's a couple in my extended family.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here