Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma -- Ditch the 26" Kettle for Hunsaker Drum? HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Survey sez????: No. 1 Answer!!!!

• rwalters
    replied
    Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
    I just died on the inside.
    Talk to me Homey! If you’re still alive please do elaborate… :-)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Breathe, Brother, Please!!!!

Do NOT move t'wards Th Light!!!!

• JoeSousa
    replied
    It is only permissible if you sell it to me.

Personally I love the versatility of a kettle. I have a bunch of 22s, a 26, and a Ranch. I love that I can cook low and slow, hot and fast, sear steaks, slap a cast iron pan on there and cook stuff in there, etc. Hard to get the same versatility and ease of use with anything else.

But the real answer is keep the 26 and get the drum too.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I just died on the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Dilemma -- Ditch the 26" Kettle for Hunsaker Drum? HELP!!!!!

Question for you fine folks. I have a nice pellet grill that is very capable of not only smoking but also grilling... I am very happy with it's ability to do both. I also have a 26.75" Weber kettle with lots of goodies (GrillGrates, Vortex, Slow n Sear, Spin Grate, Elevated cooking grate). My MAK pellet grill is definitely my daily driver, but I do enjoy cooking on my kettle when I get the charcoal itch. That said, I have this itch to ditch the kettle and buy a Hunsaker Drum. My two biggest reasons being 1) I love the incredible volume of meat that is afforded by hanging meats vs laying on a grate 2) I really like the way that hung meats tend to turn out (it's like a stationary rotisserie).

My bottomline question: Am I NUTS for selling a 26.75 loaded Weber kettle in favor of a Hunsaker drum? I do NOT have the room in my backyard for both, so that unfortunately is not an option. Does anybody here have both a kettle and drum that can talk some sense into me?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis