Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying this one, at the behest of my brethren on another board. Sagamore is a local distillery, (about 20 minutes from the house), and we always have a bottle, or two, on hand.
    I have never had the double oaked rye (not a fan of double oaked bourbon), but am intrigued by the rye.
    This bottle is MGP distilled for Sagamore. It's blended and bottled in Baltimore and the folks who blend this at the distillery, are really on their game.
    They've been distilling their own whiskey, (with the same MGP recipe(s), since 2017, but this isn't one of them.
    That being said....this is an oak bomb, and I'll save it for guests who are new to rye. I want to like it, (I love MGP rye mashbills), but I can't get past the oak. It's just not my thing.
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      This would go great in the bourbon thread as well! I’ve wondered about these Sagamore bottles. I’ve sampled the sherry cask finish and didn’t care for it. Just not what I like in a bourbon. And I don’t drink rye hardly at all, minus when I make an Old Fashioned. But thank you for the review. I do like double oaked bottles though

• Skinsfan1311
      Skinsfan1311 commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly We love rye & Sagamore is really solid. We always have a bottle, or two, on hand. With rare exceptions I don't care for most finished whiskey, because whatever barrel it's finished in tend to overwhelm the spirit. If you like double oaked, you will love this. It's a very approachable rye. The best Sagamore, IMHO, are the standard cask strength and the Barrel Select picks. They have an 8 year rye that I want try.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16826979608021306987025226484906.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1412493

Comment

Some cool tequila based cocktails from Anders! Thought I’d share these with the group!

Attjack have you tried these before?

Comment

Post dinner Chardonnay

Name:	3677D66E-5154-45E5-B614-6E63FBAFED97.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	1415474

Name:	26F08657-BC30-4850-B46A-7FB951361ABE.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	1415475

Comment

Enjoyable evening on the patio as the moon rises over the mountains. shout out to the Oregon peeps on the board!

Name:	18E03B91-5193-4449-AAA9-6EFD2F41187E.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1415516

Comment

Name:	16833021230588159474496476646186.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1415737

Comment

Absolute diesel cold press coffee. The week is almost over. Then I can get to splitting more wood and burning brush.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like fun, KBQ going in the background. My kind of day!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I am looking forward to firing it up. Richard Chrz

A mid-afternoon dram of a good rye.

Name:	20230505_144533.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1415856

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Skinsfan1311 It is MGP, but I have learned not to let that persuade me at all, they sell great stuff. When I first tasted this I thought it was hot. Compared to WT101rye, which has that trademark sharpness (that's how I describe that ever-present flavor from anything WT) this has that 'mowing hay/grass on a hot muggy day' essence, but with a caramel finish that WT does not possess. Sweet on entry, but still hot at 100 proof, so not sweet sweet like Templeton 4. Great stuff. I'd buy again

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Skinsfan1311 continuing, that first taste must've just been my tasters that night because I don't get that hotness any longer. Well balanced.

• Skinsfan1311
                Skinsfan1311 commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee Thanks! I love MGP ryes

Just got the 26 kettle set up for tomorrow. Enjoying a local micro brewery.

Name:	8BEE051E-26D9-4FAC-88B3-040EBD1A87B1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	1415950

Name:	E16A3292-FBEC-418A-9153-741007A6C3CF.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1415949

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
                Elton's BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool bottle!

Maker's 46 from a bottle I dipped myself last fall.

Comment

• barelfly
                barelfly commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s pretty cool! Let’s see that dip!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I got watch my bro-in-law do one in May 2021. I opted not to and instead bought one of their special wood series already dipped. He won't open his!

• Skinsfan1311
                Skinsfan1311 commented
                Editing a comment
                jerrybell Let's see that dip! I dipped a bottle of the Maker's White, and it was a pretty sad result. I haven't opened yet, but probably will down the road. I still have some Buffalo Trace White Dog to finish first.

Margaritas!
              Attached Files

Comment

Breakfast Margarita, made with leftovers from last night's "Cinco de Drinko"...

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
                Elton's BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Good Morning!

tending to a smoke on Dino ribs, watching the nba playoffs, and enjoying a Jack daniels

Name:	A42E3C34-C141-46F7-B878-CFDEC5E96A2A.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	1416429

Comment

• barelfly
                barelfly commented
                Editing a comment
                JD! Before reading, I figured it was rum!

My sad dip
              Attached Files

Comment

Made Clint's grilled lime margaritas

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230506_165643.jpg Views:	17 Size:	1,006.2 KB ID:	1416603

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here