Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your diet can start tomorrow: IN-N-OUT heads East!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your diet can start tomorrow: IN-N-OUT heads East!

West Coast favorite burger joint IN-N-OUT is coming to Nashville.

Like our burger-filled waistbands - they can only expand more from there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cheeseburger-meal.png?package=INNOUT.png
Views:	214
Size:	558.3 KB
ID:	1359525

SOURCE: https://www.wkrn.com/special-reports...iamson-county/

I took my kiddo to Vegas for her 21st and she made us go to In-N-Out every night before heading back to the hotel. Ive had enough for the rest of my life….

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Just say no..... That's what I do.

Okay. As someone who has never tried it, what makes it special?

Comment

• shify
      shify commented
      Editing a comment
      Great fast food burger and awful fries. Not worth going out of your way to get or waiting on a long line but infinitely better than Burger King or McDonalds. Or better yet, get a double double animal style burger and then get fries from somewhere else. Ordering them well done doesn’t change the fact that the fries suck - it just makes them overdone garbage fries.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      shify I love their fries, then again they remind me of fries we'd get home made as a kid... simple...

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not an In-n-Out fan. Burger is good (but there are other burger joints in my area that are better), but they're fries and shakes are below average.....IMHO. And the car line is insane.

Well if they are doing Nashville there's a chance for a Raleigh location I hope

Comment

I see the appeal of junk food but I don't see the appeal of fast food. I'll head to the locally owned place instead every time.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        Editing a comment
        certain fast food franchises, like In N Out are an exception. They are a franchise obviously, but they are very strict. The prior limitation was no more than X miles from wherever they had a warehouse for ingredients that meet the franchise standard, which to me means the E. Coast might get a few more. We have very few truly locally owned places here, even the ones I thought were later turned out to be connected to the same family which is really just a franchise when you have 50 places

We've had them in Texas for awhile, but I didn't realize there were 41 in the state. Heck, even have one near me here in the pucker brush. Guess they figured the Army guys were worthy.

As noted above, good, not outstanding..........but reliably better than the big advertiser burger joints (I know, low bar).

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Whataburger and Braums are better.

They came to Colorado last year. People waited in line for hours maybe up to four or more if i remember correctly. I don't get it.

Comment

We have two In-N-Outs in nearby San Antonio. My family’s verdict: Meh.

Comment

The secret menu and super secret menu makes all the difference. Also, their burgers are great, but their fries are mediocre. Here's a link to the secret menu .... and a great story from J. Kenji Lopez-Alt

In-N-Out Burger Secret Menu Guide (seriouseats.com)

When I go to In-N-Out, I get a Double Double Animal Style, Fries Well Done (which makes them tolerable) and a chocolate shake. It's the bomb, actually.

Double Double Animal Style: two patties, two slices of cheese, patties are grilled in mustard, then served up on bun with all the stuff plus extra pickles and thousand island spread.

Comment

They’re 20 years late. In 2003 we spent 8 days in Cali and ate there 4 times if I remember correctly. The kids, wife, and I all LOVED it. Fast forward to 2018 while we’re in Tahoe, and we thought it was good. Not great, just good. I don’t think the food was any different, but the world had changed. In 2003 we’d never heard of Five Guys, Red Robin, or Smashburger. We’d never had world class fresh cut fries, and now a local burger joint and hot dog stand both have them.

There’s a lot more competition out there now, In-N-Out. You should have struck while the iron was hot.

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            they do fresh cut fries, but the don't double fry them ..... which is why their fries are mediocre.

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Nailed it.

So are they better than 5 Guys? IMO they have the best fast food burgers.

Comment

• Sid P
            Sid P commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely not.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            Editing a comment
            5 guys has good but stupidly expensive burgers, InNOut is popular for similar reasons as krystal or whitecastle, though IMO InNOut it's heads above those 2. Just low price and simple. The other 2 I mentioned are 100% hangover burgers, but have a similar following

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            NO

Whataburger is still the reining champ of the fast food burger chains imo. Then there is Braums and Freddys

Comment

It's a burger. a good burger, but just a burger.
            I order the double, double with fries.

Comment

Personally, I don’t give a rip!
              Don’t eat fast food cept 2 or 3 times a year.

Comment

In-N-Out Burgers.... home of no microwaves and no freezers so everything is fresh.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here