Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southern Thunder BBQ Cooking School - Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great review! I definitely want to get down there and catch a ballgame too. Thanks for the heads up. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Comment

Thanks for the great review, I have looked at that class and have been trying to decide if I should go. I think your review has made up my mind, I will be looking to sign up soon

Comment

i attended this BBQ school too. He is spot on with the review. They are great. I have my notebook of info, receipes from the class. I use it all the time to
        make sure I'm on Que! Pun intended!!

Comment

• lostclusters
          lostclusters commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for bumping this thread! I would not have seen this otherwise.

Attended this class yesterday. Everyone was knowledge,helpful and all my questions answered.
        Enjoyed my day and recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby mac View Post
          Attended this class yesterday. Everyone was knowledge,helpful and all my questions answered.
          Enjoyed my day and recommend it.
          Great.

I continue to cook using their techniques and recipes, and the food continues to be excellent.

How did you like their Backwoods Smoker? It looked really nice to me, and they get good reviews. The only complaints I've read is that they are hard to clean.

Comment

Thank you so much for the review. I am going June 23rd, 2018. I hope to have the same experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmiller36 View Post
              Thank you so much for the review. I am going June 23rd, 2018. I hope to have the same experience.
              Cool. And do yourself a favor and eat at PappaDeaux's Seafood Kitchen while you're there. Cajun seafood at its finest. It's only about a 25 minute drive from the BBQ school, and is right in the middle of all the nice hotels in that area.

To say we’re obsessed with freshness is an understatement. Since opening our doors, Pappadeaux has been the epitome of delicious seafood.

Comment

• mdmiller36
                mdmiller36 commented
                Editing a comment
                That is in my top five of favorite restaurants. Definitely my favorite Cajun place to eat.

Attending this school this coming Saturday. Wife gave me the class for Father's Day and I am really looking forward to it.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like fun. Let us know how you like it.

I have also attended the Que University and can also attest that it was well worth the money and time. I have recommended it to several other cooks I know who have since gone and thought highly of it. A better school and for the money. Highly recommended.

Comment

I’m scheduled for 4/27/19. Looking forward to it. I’ll report back.

Comment

Thanks! Another fun thing to do!

Comment

As I posted earlier, I attended this on 4/27/19. Everything TBoneJack briefed on 6/25/2017 holds true nearly two years later. We had a diverse group and everyone walked away learning something and having positive things to say. I invited Mr. Warner to join up on the Pitmaster Club here since he mentioned Amazing Ribs nearly a dozen times to the students.

One thing that I noticed. They've been doing this for a little while now. I sensed no burnout of the instructors at all. They all had a good time as well which shows their love of what they do!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the update!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here