Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fed Up With FoodSaver Vacuum Sealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally tried the VacMaster 380. After a couple of failed attempts I think I have it figured out. Much better than my old Food Saver. Just 20 seconds between seals. I'm happy! Hopefully it lasts.

Can't upload pictures
    Last edited by ofelles; July 6, 2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the new toy.

Comment

I couldn't post picture earlier. Here are some pictures. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0205.JPG
Views:	883
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	708769Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0207.JPG
Views:	882
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	708770 ​​​​​​​

Comment

I'm so glad that the Vacmaster 380 is working well for you, ofelles . I'm pleased with the performance of my Vacmaster 350 so far as well. Sure is fast, and makes a great seal.

Kathryn

Comment

Bump, the wife and just picked 10 dozen ears of peaches and cream, To put up for winter. Shucked, blanched, cut off the cob. Now My Foodsaver after 6-7 years will not seal. I had followed this thread, when Kathryn started it. Now I have to replace my vacuum packer. Are you still happy with the 350? Not going back to foodsaver. Even though I had such good luck with it. And ofelles Hows the 380 doing? Any one else have any recommendations?

Thank in advance, love this site.

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              Liking it a lot. I seal a bag then just fill the next bag and I can seal it right away, no waiting. It did take me a few bags to figure out how it worked.

• randy56
              randy56 commented
              Editing a comment
              ofelles, Ah ha no wait, yesterday was an example were I was making up about 40- 6 inch bags. Putting about two cup's of corn per bag. After the 3rd one it got hot, then have to wait to cool down and then I would always put a 8 inch fan blowing up the crack to keep it cooled off.

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure about 40 bags. But I had no problem with about 8.

What a coincidence, randy56 . It was sealing corn cut off the cob that killed my trusty 10 year old FoodSaver too. Those old FoodSavers were so reliable. It's the new ones that can't seem to function more than a few months, at least in my experience.

I really like my VacMasterPro 350. It's heavier and takes up a little more room than my FoodSavers did, but I really like the way it seals. I like the efficiency of the sealing process and the wider sealing strip. I'm still using up my supply of FoodSaver bags so I haven't yet bought any of the bags sold for the VMP 350, but they're way cheaper than FoodSaver bags are.

I don't regret not getting the 380. In all the years I've been using a vacuum sealer, I never had the need for bags larger than the standard 11 inch width. If you do, then the 380 would be a nice machine to have.

Kathryn

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              I get your point about the larger size. My problem is I think bigger is better not matter what.

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear. I’m in the market for one right now and it is good to hear feedback from users I can trust.

• randy56
              randy56 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, just what I needed to hear. You have had it a little over a month now. And i figured it had been put to the test.I knew you had done your research. Before you bought it.
              Last edited by randy56; August 1, 2019, 04:41 AM.

I’m in the same boat as ofelles , I love mine. After the recommendations, I got the same one. I’ve turned into a sealing monster. The 380 was just what I needed for multiple uses. Now with the 15 in width I can seal butts and briskets along with the chickens.
            Gonna be giving it a work out in the next few days with 30 butts and 15 chickens to sv over the weekend not to mention the 20 briskets after they are smoked for the event that is coming up

Comment

• randy56
              randy56 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Nuke, Each of us have different use, that's big volume you are doing there. how long have you had it?
              Last edited by randy56; August 1, 2019, 04:43 AM.

I just got it in the middle of June. I was watching this post when I pulled the trigger. I’ve used it about 50 to 70 times so far.

Comment

350 VacMaster ordered from Webstaurant, ship date Aug 6 th. I will follow up after about 30 days of use.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Webstaurant is $60 less than what I glanced at over at Amazon!
                Do they offer extended warranty, as well?

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr. Bones , when I did my investigations, Webstaurant did not offer a warranty. Perhaps it has changed by now, dunno.

Plus, it gave one VacMaster owner whose unit did not work on delivery a real hassle. The company wanted to replace the unit but Webstaurant wanted VacMaster to fix it instead. It was a real standoff, apparently. That's why I went with Amazon and paid for the additional warranty.

K.

Best of luck with your purchase, randy56 . I hope yours works out as well as mine has, so far, and that we both end up pleased with years of solid performance with this unit.

Kathryn

Comment

Oooh it was the operator, got to thinking, the food saver was sealing the first seal ok. the problem was when vacuum packing there was to much moisture. So I put the corn in the bags in the freezer for 4 hour's. problem solved. It worked. I still have the new one coming. And looking forward to it.
                Attached Files

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Happy to hear it.

K.

fzxdoc
                Kathryn, Are you still happy with your 350 vacuum sealer? I’m in the market for one.
                ​​​​​​​Thanks.

Comment

I have the Food Saver Flow 2 in 1. It works okay. Its cheap and the bag cutter broke after a 9 month period, and it seals okay about 60% of the time. (Which is a PITA) However, that is back to the old saying that you get what you pay for. Its a cheap price for a cheap product. The parts are all cheap, molded plastic that won't last years with any real heavy use. They perform okay for a time, but eventually they break down and end up in the land fill. Honestly, they are trash in my opinion. (I know others will certainly disagree) I will not be buying another one in the future.

Once you use a commercial grade vac sealer, you really see the difference. I also own a Vac-Master VP215, and that beast seals like magic. I love that unit, but it is also A LOT more expensive, heavier and takes up more space.

Comment

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Holy crap, batman. Now that's a sealer.

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I got tired of buying crappy equipment. I am more willing to spend the money for quality if it works and they stand behind their product. This goes for everything. klflowers

• Backroadmeats
                    Backroadmeats commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. If you can afford/are willing to pay the price a chamber sealer is the way to go..

I am indeed, Randy-Phx . I use my Vacmaster Pro350 about 4 to 5 times a week.

I'm using up all the heavy duty GameSaver bags that I bought on sale back when I was a (misguided) FoodSaver person, and they work well in the VacMaster 350. That said, with the thicker GameSaver bags, I occasionally have to do the seal process again (right away) because I have not reached my preferred maximum vacuum seal pressure of 27.5 mmHg. Sometimes it stops at 18 mmHG with these thicker bags. But I have no probs with the bags it shipped with. Honestly, the 18 mmHG level looks fine to me, but my nature is to appreciate that more is more.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this unit again.

Kathryn
                  Last edited by fzxdoc; November 18, 2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Alas another need added to my long list of needs.

• Randy-Phx
                    Randy-Phx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks. I guess I’ll order one. Hopefully for a Black Friday sale.

Follow up : since this thread came back to life. IMO the 350 VacMaster was a pic of Sh*** worked one tor two time's, yes two bags, sent it back for a refund. Maybe I received a lemon. Very hard to work (operate). After a month they credited my account. Quickly Bought a Food saver-game saver-big game, Love it, it's fast does not over heat, from quick multi seals, easy to use. Cost half the money of VacMaster. Already when through one big roll of 6 inch, and two small rolls of 11 inch.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                    ComfortablyNumb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry the VM didn't work out for you. I have the VP215 and it is a workhorse. I've done a whole cow, whole pigs, and use it daily. Best part? Mrs. CN balked at getting it, but you couldn't part it from her cold, dead fingers, she loves it.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here