Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venting about my Fireboard order (resolved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venting about my Fireboard order (resolved)

After deciding to return my CyberQ and order a Fireboard, I got a big surprise today on my order. First, let's set aside the fact that a CABLE is $79, which is worse than Apple pricing.

My big surprise was they are charging me $40 for shipping! $40! They are charging a flat rate of $20 per item. So $20 to ship me a CABLE. Shipping should be roughly $10 or even free for an item this expense. (The PBC ships free. The CyberQ shipped free.) But then to DOUBLE the shipping just because I added a cable?

I sent them a note to see how they will respond. But I felt like venting.

Update: They resolved it in 5 mins by refunding me $30. <Sheepish grin>

Double update: Apparently, my password manager that also enters personal info for me on forms like that apparently selected "United States (US) Minor Outlying Islands."

<HUGE SHEEPISH GRIN>
    Last edited by wcpreston; January 8, 2019, 01:03 PM.

that's very odd .... I just went to their website, selected Fireboard, cable, fan .... it calculated shipping for me using standard Fedex rates. I was able to select Fedex ground for $14.75.

Note: I didn't buy another fireboard, cable, fan .... just testing, took it all the way to just before I would pay.

Comment

Maybe I should have waited for a response from them but I didn't expect one this fast. (In my defense, I buy almost everything online and have never had a complaint response this fast.)

They refunded $30 of my $40 in shipping.

Comment

FIreboard has amazing customer service. I've had one of the owners of the company respond to me on a Sunday to resolve my problem. It is one of the reasons for my absolute loyalty to them. They have a really great product. It's worth what you pay for it, for sure. And then they give you customer service that simply rocks.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a similar experience with them as well. Well after hours I called them and about 5min. later one of the owners, Jim I think, called me back and resolved my issue. Some of the best customer service out there..

It does not surprise me that they made it right. They are very good people over there at FireBoard and they make a great product. I have had nothing but great things to say about their service. They have always been back with me right away.

Comment

Not that I'm their spokesperson, but they really are a very good little company to work with. I had my Fireboard unit completely crap out on me over the summer, at the height of bbq season no less !! I thought the world had caught on fire and I only had a thimble full of water to put it out !! All kidding aside, they acted concerned, had me ship it to them for free (they provided the pre-printed label) and within a week and a half or so they sent me a brand new unit. They said it was not worth trying to repair, never did find out what went wrong.

Bottom line, they may have started out rough with you but in the end I think you're going to be very happy with the results. And remember, you have the strength in numbers here at AR and believe me that matters with those guys !!!

Comment

A while back I thought I was having an issue with some really goofy temp readings. Turns out one of my ambient probes was failing. Even though it was past the 6 month warranty, they sent me a new ambient probe as a courtesy for free. I wasn't even complaining. Just trying to figure out what was going on.

Comment

That all sounds good.

Comment

I was having a web related issue during a cook and I called them. They fixed it while I was with them on the phone.

Comment

So, if I read your top post correctly, the reason the shipping was $20/item was that you mistakenly entered US Outlying Islands as the destination, or was that just an extra oops that didn't affect the shipping cost?

Comment

• wcpreston
                    wcpreston commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You read my post correctly. I'm a noob.

I'm glad you got it worked out. My password manager sometimes puts the wrong state when filling out forms. It's the last state that appears in the website's drop down list of states. So I always check now.

Comment

Fireboard is very responsive. Their app is buggy like most but you can tell they are actively working to make it better.

The board updates and and app updates are definitely improving and as far as I can tell they’ve well surpassed most others.

Yeah the cable is 80 but they’ve remotely fixed my problems via email many many times and replace a faulty unit by shipping me one before I could even get the old one out the door.

Ive got mine set up in a deck box and run to probe ports in the pk360 so apart from needing to light a Weber starter cube, put meat in and take it out when done. , I’m controlling the whole cook from my phone wherever I am.
                    Last edited by Polarbear777; January 9, 2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• wcpreston
                      wcpreston commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The cable is $79!

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Quality gadgets are not cheap. Especially from a new company that is still trying to cover their initial R&D. It may go down as time goes on. But these prices are pretty much inline with all the other companies that are doing similar things. And they stand behind their product. wcpreston

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here