Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auber vs BBQ Guru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auber vs BBQ Guru

I am currently looking for an ATC for a Weber Smokey Mountain but that is also compatible with other smokers. I'm interested in a WiFi control unit so the two I am considering are the Auber unit and CyberQ. I actually like the Auber PID best but I'm not sure I like the fan unit. The BBQ Guru fans appear to be better designed and just more versatile, i.e. The same fan can be used on many different smokers, as long as you have the right adapters. I was wondering if anyone has used the Auber PID with a Guru fan. Are they even compatible?

Todd

You might consider the Fireboard+cable+Auber fan (you can buy it all from Fireboard). lonnie mac has a great thread on it. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...nd-fan-control

Comment

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      I just love the thing!

Not ever having owned a fan "system" before, I have had my share of temp devices. Using the FireBoard since it came out I can say that it is my favorite monitor by far! Then when the control cable came out it was a no brainer for me. I too went back and forth with the fan choice. I have never even seen either, but the Pit Viper won out as it looked pretty robust, and from Guru, the fan and Weber adapter was readily available. I am very happy with the setup.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I get mine tomorrow! Gonna try a pork shoulder of the first cook.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gent's, I just Had to Jumpin with My $.02❗️ I have Not ordered My FireBoard Fan Cable but I am going to for Thanksgiving‼️
      My DigiQ-DX-2 has been excellent without Many Problems, 1-Screen Came Loose & 2-Wire Connection on the Pit Viper Fan came loose❓ BBQGURU's excellent Cust. Service, Who made reasonable and rapid repairs‼️
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 24, 2017, 08:24 AM.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm Too Long Winded❓ In any Case I Currently am Using a 10 CFM Pit Viper Fan on the Weber and a 20 CFM Pit Bull on my Oklahoma Joe Offsett❗️ Previosly I have Switched the Controller between them but have not been able to Use Both at Once❓ Keep Your DigiQ DX-2 ‼️ You will need it When You Invite "The Pit" Over Dinner❓❓❗️
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Honestly, If I could do it over again. I would go Fireboard/Blower Combo. I have the Digi Q from BBQ Guru and I am selling it after I get my cable from Fireboard.

You would be happy with either the Fireboard or the Guru. I have no experience with the Auber. Talk to my friend, Jerod Broussard on that one.

Comment

I just have the basic Aubers. They work great. My WiFi is too jacked up to mess with any wireless fidelity capable units.

Comment

I had the Digiq DX2 and Pit Viper fan for the WSM. It was great and very reliable temps. Especially on overnight cooks. I was also using a Maverick 732.

I have since moved to the Chubby G2 and a Fireboard. I don't think I will need a fan for the G2 but if I do I will probably buy a Pit Viper/Bull.

If I was starting from scratch, I would go Fireboard Extreme, their cable and a Pit fan. I would skip the Maverick and Digiq. Both great items, but now that the Fireboard is out, it blows them away.

Comment

Well, you guys certainly give me something to think about - that Fireboard looks intriguing. My only niggle is why do you have to purchase an $89 cable to use a fan? Why not just plug the fan directly into the controller? I'm sure there is a good reason for it but I'm scratching my head over it.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            ColonialDawg,@jiazar, Like ziazar I have a 10 CFM Pit Viper Fan on My Weber and a 20 CFM Pit Bull Fan on My OK Joe Highlander Offsett Stick Burner❗️ One Controller equals One Grill at a time❓ I understand the FB & Cable allows Varible Speed Control of the Fan👍👍👍👍👍❗️
            From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

I have the Auber. The user interface isn’t good but it works great. I have no concerns about the fan. I have a Kamado Joe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here