Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie is great on these chilly nights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie is great on these chilly nights.

I was lazy and just skewered a chicken and rubbed it with a paste I whipped up and tossed it on the grill. I didn't dry brine or leave it uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours. I just got it spinning and walked away.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190121_192203.jpg Views:	1 Size:	723.1 KB ID:	626247
    While the chicken was basting itself I made a kale caesar salad to go with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190121_193011.jpg Views:	1 Size:	312.9 KB ID:	626248
    This is only my second rotisserie chicken and it was overall better although the skin wasn't crispy it was incredibly tasty.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190121_194242.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	626249 Next time I'll probably sprinkle some baking powder on it and get it in the fridge uncovered for a day. Then I'll use the same paste just before I spin it.
    Last edited by Attjack; January 22, 2019, 10:07 AM. Reason: Baking powder not soda

Sweet. What is your set up?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a 2 burner Weber Spirit.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack I was looking at one of those dudes while waiting for a washer and dryer at Lowes on Sunday. Tempting.

Looks great! Looks like you also learned Meatheads lighting technique method for picture taking?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, my own techniques, and just simple pics for me since I'm not publishing a book or anything.

• Frozen Smoke
      Frozen Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Well your talents with a camera equal that of your talent with that spinner. Great looking post all around!

Try baking powder instead of soda. Much better IMHO.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, thank you, I meant powder.

There's just somethin' about a rotisserie chicken that is very good. I need to do another one soon.

Comment

Gotta love rotisserie chicken, one of the staples in Troutman's house !! I assume this is the first, or close to the first on your new setup? Came out perfect, great job of plating, excellent photos. I'd say you nailed it all the way around !!!

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah only the second chicken. Rotisserie is pretty foolproof.

I’ll thumbs up until kale salad

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        You might like it. The kale has been broken down by being massaged with olive and tossed with shallots and crispy bread crumbs. The sauce is mayo, anchovy, garlic, parmesan reggiano, Worcestershire, and lemon juice.

Looks great!

I'm tempted to get the rotisserie soon, just cannot decide if I want it for my new Genesis 4 burner, or for the kettle. Or just keep spatchcocking or splitting them and cooking on the grate...

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I am leaning towards the gas rotisserie, mostly because it will take up less storage space than the kettle one with that big ring.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I hope you get one so we can see your cooks in the Rotisserie Channel.

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks to someone who will not be named on here that has been my biggest influencer of impulse purchases...i will soon be purchasing the gabbysgrills santa maria/rotisserie weber set up soon. Just waiting for closer to spring so i dont havento stare at the box for months. I dont have a gas grill right now so will be doing the kettle set up.

Bought a gas grill with a rotisserie as part of it. Going to try the rotisserie later today. Any tips? Ideas? Cautions?

Comment

• dbray45
        dbray45 commented
        Editing a comment
        Chicken is on heat - around 345 degrees and turning slowly.

• dbray45
        dbray45 commented
        Editing a comment
        As a note - for gravy - Being Celiac, a flour rue is not going to happen. If you want a nice gravy from these juices, throw the whole thing in a blender - onions, garlic, carrots, broth etc... just no bones. Makes a nice thick gravy. My wife does this when she does the slow cooker.

• dbray45
        dbray45 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wanted to thank you all. The chicken took about 1.5 hours longer than I thought it should. I ended up removing the tray with water (then juices) and cooking more direct at around 375 to finish. I like my birds a little more well done than most and even then, it was moist and really good.

Many thanks.

Very Nice!!

Comment

We'll see, brining the bird now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here