Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Summit Charcoal Grill - Good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Summit Charcoal Grill - Good price?

Was in our local hardware store Thursday and came across this. Looked like a pretty good price for a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill. Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0122.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	670754

Yeah, that is a really good deal. $1699 on their website, for the 24", I am not sure what size that one is. (I think they only have one size)

Comment

Oh my goodness, get it!

Kathryn

Comment

• bep35
        bep35 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know you have a Summit. How do you like it? Do you cook on it more than the PBC? Steaks, Chicken, low-n-slow? Is it your go to cooker? Thanks.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I cook on them about equally, bep35 . I wanted the WSCGC for the kettle, kamado, and the SnS experience, and don't regret that purchase one single bit. I use the PBC more in the winter because cleanup is easier. There's many a time that I have both the PBC and the WSCGC going at the same time. Those are my fav outdoor cooking days of all!

Kathryn

That is a terrific price!!!

Comment

bep35 so did you buy it!

Comment

Looks good if as Spinaker says they only make a 24” size, and it isn’t missing any parts.

Comment

That's an awesome price for an awesome cooker, you would not regret the purchase. I paid $950 for mine last year and thought that was a steal. It is the most versatile cooker I own.

Comment

Pull the trigger, NOW!

Comment

Well, the wife it out of town....which is when I generally get myself in trouble. You know, when she isn't here to talk be out of something I don't really need. But a great price is a great price. Better sleep on it.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smart move on your part to assess the situation first. Of course you’re saving almost as much as you’re spending.

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hopefully you got a good nights sleep and by now are looking at your new addition in your cook area.

• dahcopilot
                  dahcopilot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  forgiveness comes easier than permission, man up

Snatch that up.

Comment

Oh my gosh, I hope you bought that, whatcha steal. I've had a summit for just over a year, it's a fantastic cooker, so many good things to say.

Comment

I'm guessing it won't last long at that price. Hope they had more than one so you can still grab one after your ruminations and talking to your wife.

The $950 that CaptainMike and a few others here paid for the WSCG on that eBay deal was the lowest I had ever seen. Your price beats that. It's an amazing, well-thought-out cooker. If you need more justification, watch this:

Kathryn

Comment

• cgrover60
                      cgrover60 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dang it fzxdoc. I didn't need more justification but that video was very informative.

I probably would not have slept on that decision. You will kick yourself if it is gone. Hope you got it.

Comment

As my daughter would say...AHHH YEAAA

Comment

Hail, I'd most likely hadda bought it, an risked th wrath of SWMBO...

Reckon a guy could flip it fer more than that, if it caused a real domestic $#¡+flap...;D

Comment

• Bkhuna
                          Bkhuna commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My thoughts exactly.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here