Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Additions

Meet Spartacus. Standing lonely vigil on the newly rebuilt deck. I'll be adding a roof over the deck next spring, hence the long posts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spartacus.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	578248

Nice !! Is that a Trex type deck product? I'm about to rip mine up and I was wanting to put that product back down.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      It's called Evergrain by Tamko Building Products http://envisiondecking.com/our-produ...ing/evergrain/ I've installed several with good results and not much more expensive than wood. I have also done one warranty repair and they were great to work with. The only company that I'm aware of that will also cover labor on a warranty job (pro rated of course)

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve used Tamko’s siding products successfully, I’ll have to look into the decking !! Thanks for the tip !!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman I also recommend hidden fasteners, they make a really nice, clean look.

Looking good CaptainMike . The deck and grill compliment one another.

Comment

It looks spacious.

Comment

I agree with LA Pork Butt . You have a lot of room on that deck to add a bunch more cookers!

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like the old yin-yang to me!

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          There are one or two or 5 or 6 in the wings....

Great job on the deck, and the new cooker. Hope Spartacus doesn’t get any burn marks on that fancy deck.

Comment

those are a couple nice additions. adore my WSCG!

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            It really is an amazing cooker, so versatile.

Looking good, Mike. Why did I think you already had a Summit?

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            I got it a couple of months ago, but wanted to share a pic of the (mostly) finished deck featuring the WSCG as it will more or less be what I'll build the outdoor kitchen around.

That is a fantastic deck, Mike!

Comment

Thank you, tbob4 Ted! I think you'll appreciate these photos. We bought a definite fixer upper and Mother Nature was slowly reclaiming her own as far as the deck was concerned. We have an annual gathering of friends over the 4th of July and one of our friends stepped through the slowly rotting deck. Yikes! One afternoon, after everyone left, I decided almost on a whim to demolish that thing before someone gets hurt. I think you will appreciate that I used appropriate PPE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180727_153758_resized.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	578365Click image for larger version

Name:	20180727_153718_resized.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	578366

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that the Stihl Farm Boss? I have that but don’t tell anyone, I wear husqvarna chaps! I know I’m not supposed to mix and match.

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              tbob4 it's a MS 261. Small but mighty. Kind of like our little Kubota tractor in that they can tackle bigger jobs than recommended, you just have to finesse them a bit.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow check out them gams !!!!

Beautiful!

Comment

Sweet arse, both cooker, an deck!
              Nice Job, I know ya been workin hard buildin it...

Comment

You can fit a lot of grills on there!!

Comment

Very nice deck!

Comment

It doesn't seem right that something named Spartacus should be standing all alone. I am Spartacus! 😃

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No! I am Spartacus!

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We all are Spartacus !!!!

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We're all working for the Pharaoh!

(Richard Thompson song)

Well, hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raPdkVMb7iE

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here