Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Maniac's 1 Year Review of the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center (WSCGC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Back Maniac's 1 Year Review of the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center (WSCGC)

Baby Back Maniac (a Pit member) posted a new You Tube video a few days back, giving a very interesting one year review of the WSCGC.

Here's the link, just in case the video does not embed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glt8Jn2MKgU

His BBQ videos are all really good. I highly recommend subscribing to his You Tube videos. I'm always happy when the notice of a new Baby Back Maniac You Tube video arrives in my inbox.

Kathryn

Sure can ease the pain of a deceased vacuum sealer, even if it was an inside job. (sorry, been watching Police Squad clips on YouTube)

Comment

It does indeed, Jerod Broussard . I knew I had made a good choice with the WSCGC, but it's still nice to hear someone else think so too. He uses an SnS with it for some cooks just like I do. I enjoy using it as a kettle when I want to and as a kamado when I want that instead.

He complains about the "dummy leg ports" but I always thought those were for the WSCG without the table, so they never bothered me. His cosmetic complaints, few as they are, don't bither me a bot.

Plus he brings up the price point concern, even though a BGE outfitted with a table with all of the features of the WSCGC's would cost much more. He does make that same observation close to the end of his discussion.

Too bad about his gasket concerns, though. I have a few small leaks, but only where my thermometer wires run over the lip into the smoker. Those little leaks don't affect the stability of temperature when in kamado mode, but the SnS is more sensitive to them. I therefore have to fiddle a bit more with temperature when running kettle/SnS smoking mode. Could be the learning curve, though, as I'm still getting the hang of the SnS, trying to dial in the temp a little more tightly.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; August 15, 2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it is high time the Doc started a Vlog!

Nice review!

Comment

Had never watched his videos; thanks for sharing. I like his delivery and humility; looks like he doesn't take himself too seriously but thoroughly enjoys it!

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

He clearly puts a lot of thought into his videos and makes them funny and enjoyable. Great review!

Comment

Very informative and enjoyable.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I came so close to buying one a year ago but went with my old BBQ builder who made me a specialized unit for the same price. Interestingly, I'm not as concerned about the leaks as Baby Back Maniac is. I have a vision grill that doesn't leak one bit. My nice stick burning units leak from the doors from time to time. This happens most often after I give them a really good cleaning. They then seal themselves up again. My thought process on leaks is that as long as the unit is holding a consistent temp and the smoke is clean, a leak is OK. It is only when the leak (my old COS experiences taught me this) causes temperature variations that I go nuts over it. With that said, Baby Back Maniac is right. That unit is not meant to leak and his experience with customer service is not what you would expect from Weber. I am glad it happened though, because it gives him even more credibility when rating his equipment and experiences.

Comment

Something I've noticed about videos like this. Anybody can yap in front of a camera (not that he does), but it takes a whole nother being to put TOGETHER a quality video. Background tunes gives it a subconscious like enjoyment. Can't imagine the editing time for things like this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here