Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charcoal Summit on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charcoal Summit on the way!

I finally got a crew free to come over tomorrow to tear out the little strip of concrete by the back door and lay pavers so I'll have room to accommodate the new grill. Two pallets of pavers, base and sand are in the yard waiting courtesy of HD.

So I called Workbench Ace to see if they had one in a box(only way it'll fit in my 4Runner) and now there's one sitting in the back with my name on it!

I am so stoked!!!

David Parrish, where's the SNS for this grill? Put me on the list!

Best,
    Bill
    Last edited by billg71; April 29, 2016, 07:13 PM.

Congrats on the new Weber

Comment

Looking forward to the pictures!

Comment

We want to see pics!

I'm not sure the WSCG needs an SnS. But let us know!

Comment

• billg71
          billg71 commented
          Editing a comment
          David, I'm not sure either but I'll definitely let you know. Love my SNS, it's already got a new home along with the copper Performer that's going to my best friend. Or maybe not...

Keep that Performer and SnS for a while. I'm eager to know how the combo compares with the Summit

Comment

Thanks all! There will definitely be pictures although the unboxing will have to wait for Sunday morning. I'll have to wait for the guys to finish the pavers then drive down to Atlanta to pick it up and stop by Harry's on the way back for ground beef so I can cook the Saturday Night Burgers on the PK.

But I'll definitely get some "before and after" pix of the grilling area in the morning and the afternoon! Thanks again to all for the support!

Best,
          Bill

Comment

David,

Will do for at least a week. I have a couple racks of SLC ribs to do on Sunday anyway and I'm not going to do ribs for a first cook on a freshly assembled grill, they're going on the SNS/kettle.

And I'm not sure I'll let my SNS #40 go with the Performer anyway, if it doesn't work with the SCG I may just hang it on the wall for posterity. You done really good with the SNS, my hat's off to you along with my appreciation. Keep up the good work!

Best,
            Bill

Comment

• Fine Swine
              Fine Swine commented
              Editing a comment
              My 1st cook one WCS was SLC ribs. Perfect. Go for it...

@billig71, I envy You! 👍👍😪👍👍. I hope you will provide Pics and Your impressions as you start to use it! I have only seen One, at an Ace Hdw. open house, they had just put it together and it hadn't even been priced yet!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Please share your Summit notes with all on my review pages: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment..._value%5B%5D=7

Comment

Nice!! Really curious to see how this sucker performs with some Pit Members.

Comment

Ok, the guys showed up at 7:30 this morning, they were done and on the road before noon.

Before and after pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0198(1).JPG
Views:	114
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	162433

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0199(1).JPG
Views:	108
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	162434

And that's the guys who did it in the after pic, they're the best crew I've ever had and I've been running construction for 30 years. They've been working with me for the last 14 years and I can't say enough about them, they absolutely rock! They busted out 40 sft. of concrete, removed the 4'x8' pavers I put in last year, dug out, put in base, leveled and tamped , spread sand and laid 85 sft. of pavers in 4 hours, not to mention moving all the grills! It took me a week of mornings and evenings to lay the 4'x8' section you see in the first photo and I almost killed myself in the process.

I returned the tamp to HD at 12:15 with 45 minutes left on my 4 hour rental and headed for Atlanta to pick up the SCG. After fighting traffic and making a couple of stops along the way I got home in time to start prepping the Saturday Night Burgers, so the new Weber is still in the box in the back of the 4Runner. I'll drag it out and put it together in the morning while it's cool.

I'm so stoked! And tired...

More to come!

Best and thanks for the encouragement,

Bill

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here